Hacking Another brick story...

jinghuacao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use iosdowngrade 2-3 times every week ever since 3.4 was launched. I agree with you that downgrade is safe(until boot2v4 came out), cioscorp is good.

but for god's sake, why do you need install cioscorp before you change from K to U? it heard cioscorp set it is own version to the highest version possible to prevent nintendo update wiping it out. it seems it successfully prevented you from downgrading it.

it seems you followed a lot of online guide, but til now you have not yet understood that your first mission is to convert K to U, turn it into a clean U WII, not anything else.

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I did not expect that you get into the svemiifrii screen. Try to update with US or KOR games that have 3.3 or higher.
I need a drivekey for that and I need to configure DriveKey first. I'm getting a wii to softmod in a few days and I'll use it to configure the DriveKey. You guys were so focused on flaming me that you guys didn't even read that I was able to get to the rescue screen.
wink.gif

Also, I acknowledge that I'm trying to prove a point, but I'm also reading and understanding everything you guys are saying.
The point is, I know I was an idiot to downgrade using CIOS Downgrader.. I know now that I do need to go from K to U first before going down. Also, I know I'm risking other wiis and to avoid that I'm looking for Preloader 4.1 hacks that will enable most of the ones that exist on 3.2. That said I will use Safe Upgrade to 4.1 from now on.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

About the drivekey, how can I configure it to autoboot? I've never used a modchip b4. I'm all into software.
unsure.gif

Update: Got the drivekey configured to autoboot. Now I just need time to poke around the internet to download the correct 3.3k files (I've tested the UUDv2 and it wouldn't boot, weird) and start using ARC AutoBoot disk to fix that wii.
Does anyone here knows where I can find the .INI file to preloader so I can use 4.1 fw?

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let's sum it up.

I've a KOR 3.3 that was "downgraded" to 3.2U.
It's bricked but I still can get to the rescue menu - it shows 3.2(kor) - (Sysmenu brick - I can see the Health & Security warning but when I press A all I get is a black screen).

Now,
I've a drivekey and I've set the AutoBoot ON using a different WII. I've booted ARC on that wii.

I've tested the drivekey with US and KOR settings but the ARC Autoboot won't boot at all.

Help?????

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The system menu doesn't run on an IOS with the trucha bug, so no homebrew disc. Get a disc with a System Menu of 3.3U or above and update. With some luck that's going to fix your Wii.

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the Wii Resort backup. It has 4.1u.. But the rescue menu shows up only KOR, should I look for a korean update?

Edit: Can't seem to be able to boot anything.. damn..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When the menu says 'K', you need a 3.3 or higher 'K' game. And i don't think you need a modchip for this, but it helps of course.

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be hard to find one game than. In here we only get US/Pal games. It's hard to come across an original Korean game. And I've never seen a korean Wii Resort Sports..
tongue.gif

Does Wii Fit carries an update? If yes, I've seen one listed over ebay (game only)..

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my Wii from 3.4 to 3.2 when I first discovered the scene. Mostly because I was listening to wrong people. Everybody is a "pro" on the Internet. I now have an idea of who has some factual knowledge to contribute.

Luckily it worked out but after reading this thread, I now realize what bad decision it was. My Wii serial number is like LG31***** something. Must be an older one? Upgraded to 4.1 and don't regret it all.

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
Just get a backup. If you are not going to play it it's moraly ok.
wink.gif
I tried but it seems that korean backups are hard to find. I can see several ISOs on the net (even tho I just want homebrew) but I just can't find korean ones.. Only WarioWare, but I don't want to waste another DVD (I'm on short supply of those and short on cash after having to buy a new Wii to my client) after burning 8 different autoboot options. Does WarioWare have an update?? I need to know that before burning anything else.

QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Sep 24 2009, 02:40 PM) I downgraded my Wii from 3.4 to 3.2 when I first discovered the scene. Mostly because I was listening to wrong people. Everybody is a "pro" on the Internet. I now have an idea of who has some factual knowledge to contribute.

Luckily it worked out but after reading this thread, I now realize what bad decision it was. My Wii serial number is like LG31***** something. Must be an older one? Upgraded to 4.1 and don't regret it all.
I usually downgrade Wii's here, but those downgrades are from J to U or U to U but those aren't risky as K Wiis.. K ones are risky and I tried my usual method to downgrade and got a brick. (The Wii's serial is LKM****)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wateva said:
Slowking said:
Just get a backup. If you are not going to play it it's moraly ok.
wink.gif
I tried but it seems that korean backups are hard to find. I can see several ISOs on the net (even tho I just want homebrew) but I just can't find korean ones.. Only WarioWare, but I don't want to waste another DVD (I'm on short supply of those and short on cash after having to buy a new Wii to my client) after burning 8 different autoboot options. Does WarioWare have an update?? I need to know that before burning anything else.

QUOTE(Digital1980 @ Sep 24 2009, 02:40 PM) I downgraded my Wii from 3.4 to 3.2 when I first discovered the scene. Mostly because I was listening to wrong people. Everybody is a "pro" on the Internet. I now have an idea of who has some factual knowledge to contribute.

I usually downgrade Wii's here, but those downgrades are from J to U or U to U but those aren't risky as K Wiis.. K ones are risky and I tried my usual method to downgrade and got a brick. (The Wii's serial is LKM****)
you still have "clients"?
dvd's arent expensive at all.

Wateva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
you still have "clients"?
dvd's arent expensive at all.
Lol, sure, and I know that DVD's aren't expensive and I just bough a 50 pack. It's just that a Wii here costs around US$450 (cost to resell), I just needed time to get those and I hate wasting anything, even DVD's..
I own a lanhouse that fixes PS2's, 360's, Wii's..
I've 7 dead 360's.. All 3RROD. One PS3, YLOD. And now, one wii. All on display. ^^ Can't do much about the 360's and the PS3, but I've never had a wii brick.

Well, I still think I can save the Wii..
I'll just look for the correct wii game now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii