Anonymous vs. Sony starts

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dear Greedy Motherfuckers SONY,

Congratulations! You are now receiving the attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal actions against fellow internet citizens, GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo have been deemed an unforgivable offense against free speech and internet freedom, primary sources of free lulz (and you know how we feel about lulz.)

You have abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information about how your products work. You have victimized your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target those who seek this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands of innocent people who only sought the free distribution of information. Your suppression of this information is motivated by corporate greed and the desire for complete control over the actions of individuals who purchase and use your products, at least when those actions threaten to undermine the corrupt stranglehold you seek to maintain over copywrong, oops, "copyright".

Your corrupt business practices are indicative of a corporate philosophy that would deny consumers the right to use products they have paid for, and rightfully own, in the manner of their choosing. Perhaps you should alert your customers to the fact that they are apparently only renting your products? In light of this assault on both rights and free expression, Anonymous, the notoriously handsome rulers of the internet, would like to inform you that you have only been "renting" your web domains. Having trodden upon Anonymous' rights, you must now be trodden on.

If you disagree with the disciplinary actions against your private parts domains, then we trust you can also understand our motivations for these actions. You own your domains. You paid for them with your own money. Now Anonymous is attacking your private property because we disagree with your actions. And that seems, dare we say it, "wrong." Sound familiar?

Let Anonymous teach you a few important lessons that your mother forgot:
1. Don't do it to someone else if you don't want it to be done to you.
2. Information is free.
3. We own this. Forever.

As for the "judges" and complicit legal entities who have enabled these cowards: You are no better than SONY itself in our eyes and remain guilty of undermining the well-being of the populace and subverting your judicial mandate.[/p]

Source

Did anybody not see this coming? Honestly, it WAS inevitable that some hacker group would come after Sony. BTW, no idea when this was posted, but I didn't see a thread for it in the News section, so eh.

Also for those of you who don't get the penis = hornets nest, do yourself a favor and watch The Colbert Report. You'll feel less stupid.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this is a copy or not though. That was more like.. a... iono, planning? This is a confirming thing... iono, if a mod feels it's a copy, do whatever.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Love the letter, it looks reasonably professional, but then has the little gems such as copywrong etc.
laugh.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadowmanwkp said:
ShadowSoldier said:
but I didn't see a thread for it in the News section, so eh.

http://gbatemp.net/t281890-anonymous-vs-so...e-battle-begins

There's your news, nearly a month old. However, you do have a letter that the previous one didn't have.
Nah, what OP posted is, actually, news. It's really began now.
(Since you're dutch, http://www.nu.nl/games/2483831/anonymous-d...s3-hackers.html, It's also on the news there. Now I know that nu.nl sucks as a news resource, but still
tongue.gif
)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
who do u think it is? its kinda a dangerous (and silly) move if u ask me. Geohot and his team are going to win if they are confident. This would have been more logical if they thought they were going to lose since the law is limited (remember phoenix wright?).
I gotta see how sony can put up arms against this group.

PS - I also think this is going a bit too far

Z

Zorua

Yes! This is just what we needed. You're going down money minting motherfucking assholes Sony!
hate2.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Side note: It seems Firefox doesn't see "4chantards" as incorrectly spelled. Lol.

I will bet you anything that I'm not the only one who typed 4chantards to see if you were lying. That's awesome.

But seriously though, if this is the group that backed up Wikileaks, then by all means, I support them. Well, I support Anonymous either way no matter who it is behind it. Curious as to what will happen though if it is the "dangerous" Anonymous that the media talks about.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I will bet you anything that I'm not the only one who typed 4chantards to see if you were lying. That's awesome.

But seriously though, if this is the group that backed up Wikileaks, then by all means, I support them. Well, I support Anonymous either way no matter who it is behind it. Curious as to what will happen though if it is the "dangerous" Anonymous that the media talks about.

Well the media often don't know anything about the internet so most of those stories on the Anonymous and 4chan and what not are often poorly informed and wrong.

I just feel like the Anonymous are more of a joke than something anyone cares about.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I'm sure a bunch of whiny 4chantards is just what we needed in this case.

Side note: It seems Firefox doesn't see "4chantards" as incorrectly spelled. Lol.
Firefox also doesn't show:
4hjfkdlsagbiulahgfuied
69876fgadsbhkjqw
7982315062849jkdsauigbfuqa
as misspelled either so
tongue.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Guild McCommunist said:
Well the media often don't know anything about the internet so most of those stories on the Anonymous and 4chan and what not are often poorly informed and wrong.

I remember one example of how little the media seem to know, there was a BBC article online regarding anonymous and wikileaks, it had a picture of several people wearing the guy fawkes mask, the caption for the picture was something along the lines of "protestors wearing julian assange masks", it was later corrected (with no mention of the previous mistake), but I'm sure someone must of screenshot it.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wabsta said:
shadowmanwkp said:
ShadowSoldier said:

There's your news, nearly a month old. However, you do have a letter that the previous one didn't have.
(Since you're dutch, http://www.nu.nl/games/2483831/anonymous-d...s3-hackers.html, It's also on the news there. Now I know that nu.nl sucks as a news resource, but still
tongue.gif
)

I never said it is old, geez people, did I ever state that? I said that he had a letter that nobody posted before, that is a legit reason why this topic shouldn't be closed in my opinion.

On topic: I think that this will lead to nothing. Considering how long anonymous takes before getting something small done... Hell they even took a month to write one little letter, NOW THAT is gonna scare Sony... Right

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I fail to see what 4chan can do...Maybe DDOS a semi-popular Playstation-oriented site or something?
Personally I just think they look over the news, find a popular story and then claim to be "after them" for fame.
LOLDRAMA.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
shadowmanwkp said:
Wabsta said:
shadowmanwkp said:
ShadowSoldier said:

tongue.gif
)

I never said it is old, geez people, did I ever state that? I said that he had a letter that nobody posted before, that is a legit reason why this topic shouldn't be closed in my opinion.

On topic: I think that this will lead to nothing. Considering how long anonymous takes before getting something small done... Hell they even did a month to write one little letter, NOW THAT is gonna scare Sony... Right
Simple, this thread actually states that the battle has now "started", instead the old thread just said that it was going to happen. This thread is gonna stay
wink.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I love annonymous but just as an amusement source.
I don't think they can do shit about this. They should focus on psycological damage to underaged girls.

However, if they can do something, they have my thumbs up.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect, a company vs a miserable pile of poor hackers with a will to fight about the impossible. Enough talk about injustice, have at you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-