Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Two more things:

1) The EmuNAND System Settings still exits to SysNAND, so that's not fixed.
I don't think it's actually easily (if at all) fixable. It seems to me that whenever one exits the System Settings the system pretty much reboots. You can notice the screens turning off (they don't just go black, the backlight goes out) and on again, and iirc there's a barely audible "pop" in the speakers.

Reactions: cearp

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying a few things, and I found that if you trim and remove the update data from some ROMs (currently experienced with LOZ:OOT3D and RE:REV), on an exFAT formatted SD card, it causes the console to lock up, requiring a hard reset, if you attempt to load the game. They do show up in the multi-ROM menu though, and untrimmed ROMs don't present this issue either.

were they scene dumps you trimmed? or your own?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To sell for profit.
I bought a "32GB" MicroSD from some seller on Amazon. The card says 32GB, but if you write any more than 4 gigs, data becomes corrupt. So, I overpaid for a 4 gig card.

you can buy the cheap one , then buy a real one from best buy then put the fake one in the box and return it with your recipt, profit$

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i wonder if GW can or will ever release a "downdate" for the FPGA for people who want to go back to older fw, (yes i said downdate deowitit)

Fábio Silva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously doubt they'll let us downgrade the firmware. Remember 2.0b2? They just pushed us to keep going with it, saying " 2.0b2 is the most recent and stable release you can possibly have at the moment "

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it's actually easily (if at all) fixable. It seems to me that whenever one exits the System Settings the system pretty much reboots. You can notice the screens turning off (they don't just go black, the backlight goes out) and on again, and iirc there's a barely audible "pop" in the speakers.
I believe that would be a simple problem with their NAND redirection. They simply haven't patched the System Settings application to direct it's reboot to the EmuNAND instead of SysNAND. It's not so bad though, as it gives you that option of exiting GW mode without a hard-reboot.

were they scene dumps you trimmed? or your own?
I was using scene releases, not my own dumps, to test. After re-trimming though, I found that the hard-freeze only occurs when certain games lose their update partition, but CCI trimming is no problem. Of course, Card2 games still don't follow that.

Reactions: vassildador

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone dumped a physical copy of pokemon y ver 1.2 that has an emuNAND classic(GW3D 7.1.0-15U) save on it, the dump was successful, but when i load the rom it says " The saved game data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details."

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of looking for the beta, you can always try using web archives of threads.
I wonder who might have archived page 4 of a certain unnamed thread.
answer-girl2.gif

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone dumped a physical copy of pokemon y ver 1.2 that has an emuNAND classic(GW3D 7.1.0-15U) save on it, the dump was successful, but when i load the rom it says " The saved game data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details."

someone should email GW and ask for more menu options, 2 extra ones, one to dump just sav from retail carts and maybe another one for dumping just sav from cart 2 retail carts, i was hoping i could dump my retail cart sav files and put them on my sd , but seems you still need an r4i sav dongle, ,not sure if r4i sav dongle can even dump cart 2 sav games

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That's because you didn't played it on emuNAND, or am I wrong?

vorgrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person who finds it somewhat ominous that the name of the beta software is "Omega" which in bliblical terms, and ancient greek alphabet terms, means "the end"?

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do I need Blue GW Card anywhere? I have lost it unfortunately.

What do you use for downloading games?
1. Format to exFAT and simple drag drop
OR
2. Something other.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold Up+X+B on that screen to delete the save data on the ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?