Hacking Animated Genesis Plus GX wii channel.

GrandMasterJimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video.

I hate the static images people use. Really, take your time, and put some real effort into things, don't just google search some jpegs and slap some text on in mspaint.

Download here.

I'll probably be making more channels like this.

Edit:

Well, I got the Snes9x GX channel working. I guess you can't have a gamecube controller in either when loading it. I thought only memory cards screwed things up =\

Download.

No video for this one, I'll get one tomorrow.

GrandMasterJimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, not saying everyone makes static ones. I know the folks over at wadder are making some nice ones.

Just annoys me, when people take their time to make easy to use tools, but no one even bothers trying to use them.

The way I have to make animated banners in really annoying though. My Vista PC hangs at 18% when wadunpcker is unpacking a wad. My XP partition gives errors when using u8 tool, error "76" or something about path not found. So I have to use a virtual machine with xp. I can drag+drop things to xp, but not back into vista, so when I unpack the graphic files I have to .rar them, upload them, then download them on vista, edit them, then drag and drop back to xp, replace and continue to use wad studio as normal. And finnaly upload the .wad and download to vista to put on my SD card to test it.

But anyway, I'll work on a Snes channel.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It looks awesome, thanks for sharing
biggrin.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wkd,

Thanks guys.

Checked out the ones on wadder, they are ok, but not animated.

GMJ's is : ALMOST : perfection!

Keep em coming GMJ!

EDIT: Code dump on return to loader....
frown.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read a thread somewhere, where a guy recoded the boot.dol to autodetect or something and return to loader/hbc etc.... any one know how to achieve this?

I'v tried injecting countless versions of genesis emus into this and all code dump
frown.gif

its so close to perfect I can smell it!

KiiWii

GrandMasterJimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genplus is open source. Just get the source from google code, and recode it I guess. That never bothered me, since I just use the reboot wii option. You can't really return to the loader seeing as you were never on the HBC.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good point.

If its open source, then can some one with devkit remove the option to return to loader?

Wkd channel though man, design is perfectly inline with the recent release of mega drive collections on 360/PS3.

Any chance of a SNES one?

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is really cool and professional looking! I'll definitely be using this channel and can't wait for the SNES one to be done.
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

GrandMasterJimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I made a Snes9x GX channel, but it seems like 9 out of 10 times I try to run it, I get a code dump. It will work every so often though. Not sure what is up with that. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter