ROM Hack Animal Crossings Map editor & M3 savegame

smooses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my question is how to get the updated savegame (.dat) so Animal Crossings uses it.. I have got the savegame on the PC using the M3 game-manager "read" function. made the changes I wanted to using the Map editor, then replaced the savegame using the write function, but when I start Animal crossing again, no changes have been made in the game. I also noticed that the last time the savegame was accessed (before the editor changes) on my SD card was when I initially put the game onto the card.. Is this right? Am I doing something basic wrong? How have other people used the map editor along with a back-up version of the game on an M3 card? Please help, it's doing my head in now....

danielmakana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is happening is that prior to you using the map editor you played animal crossing. The animal crossing gamesave is then stored in the M3 SRAM. You take out your SD card modify the gamesave and place it back on the card. Turn on your M3 and your gamesave is overwrote by the one in the M3's SRAM. To avoid this you have to clear the M3's sram by doing in game reset after you save or turning your DS back on after you save. Then modify the map. Happy animal crossing modding.

smooses

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your answer, this makes sense now.... my next question is how do you do an in game reset?
Sorry for my lack of knowledge... consoles are a new thing to me.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smooses, the easiest way to get around the internal sram thing, in my experience is that when you don't want a game's save there anymore you do the following:
1. After Playing Said Game Turn off you Nintendo DS
2. Turn it back on and access any ANY game on your M3 OTHER THAN the said game's save you want to replace
3. Turn off the other game as soon as it loads (or wait for main menu, just in case, THEN turn it off)
4. Feel free to take out the card, and replace said game's save.
5. Turn on DS and play said game whose save was just replaced

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225 +1