ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

kae5738

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hmm still cant get the custom image to show even when starting at ffdb, but it works when copying the image from someone else's acnl bin file, what should the file size of the custom image be?

irlsiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to successfully edit the happiness of a villager.

I started a new town today, and used leaftools to evict the villager I edited and when he left, he sent me his picture, despite knowing me for 30 minutes.

Sadly, the process is a little complex, especially if the villager comes from another town. D: I was really hoping for it to be simple, but it's not really as easy as it seems.

You just need to have talked to the villager a little (A villager I never talked to before he moved away did not send me his picture, but Vic, who I talked to about 12 times altogether has)

I'll tell you you're better off checking manually.
This is what you should be looking for.

tumblr_nn76iuG0BI1r9tg4oo1_540.png

This is the section in your villager's information where they have their greeting, and their nickname for you stored. There should be one of these for EVERY PLAYER who have talked to this character, including people from foreign towns.

(My Yuka still had the happiness values from the time she lived in my boyfriend's town)

From what I can see so far, it's 6 bytes BEFORE the start of the town name at the bottom. I have multiple towns I can use to verify how it works. I just changed the data that was there to the value you can see in my red square : FF 01.

I'm going to look into it more over the weekend, and test it further. But, so far I'm on the right track and I'm really, really pleased.

Unless I'm done with testing and 100% sure I know what triggers it, I'll tell you to not take everything I say for cash. Also, it's 4am and I know this post is a mess.

Does the FF 01 mean full happiness? It's amazing you found how to do this!

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the FF 01 mean full happiness? It's amazing you found how to do this!

Yes, FF 01 has given me two villager pictures in a town created in the same day. What I did was

1) Modify happiness bytes to FF 01
2) Use LeafTools to evict villager
3) Get goodbye letter + picture in mail.

I did it again with Eloise today.

Also, it's possible to have an island fruit as a local fruit, making all fruits sell with a boon.

Bailey Ross

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I love this editor, but I'm currently having two problems:
1) So, my map doesn't put things in the right places, like items are shifted all over my map. Shells that spawn randomly everyday can be found in the middle of the ocean instead of on the shoreline, for example. It makes it difficult to place items on the map and remove items I don't want.
2) When I move villager houses, not only does it leave an invisible space that I can't walk over where the villager house was previously, but I can walk through the new placed house as if it didn't exist, and I haven't had the opportunity to check whether I can actually walk inside yet.

Is there a way to fix this, and if so can someone help me?

Moostly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dilemma & if anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. I have the right firmware. 9.2.0-15u. I have redownloaded copied & pasted & deleted. the tools onto my sd card multiple times. I have reset my browser settings multiple times, I have cleared my cookies & history. I have switched out sd cards & acnl cartridges. I have tried on a town that I was already far into and on a town that was new. I have tryed every single thing i could possibly think of to get this to work. I have read through threads, forums, & watched videos on how to so this hack correctly and I am doing it correctly. When I go to dump, every time I get a quick flash of black and it says an error message to restart my device and nothing works, I have tried using leaf tools also. Those hacks are not working either. can someone please help me, I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I am having the same problem. Did you also do an offline update with SSB or some other game? It might be that.

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any progress on how grass wear is recognized by the RAM editor? I Still want to try dirt paths but still can't figure it out.

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
1) So, my map doesn't put things in the right places, like items are shifted all over my map. Shells that spawn randomly everyday can be found in the middle of the ocean instead of on the shoreline, for example. It makes it difficult to place items on the map and remove items I don't want.

Post a picture of your town map

2) When I move villager houses, not only does it leave an invisible space that I can't walk over where the villager house was previously, but I can walk through the new placed house as if it didn't exist, and I haven't had the opportunity to check whether I can actually walk inside yet.

Save and reload the game, problem solved

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I'm thinking about remodeling my town to a kind of 19th century farm town. Something that would make that especially cool would be having root vegetables in a crop area. The best way I can think to do that would be to have a weed over a pattern. Is it possible with any of the hacks available?

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I was just wondering; my 3DS has the 8.1.0-19E version, would it be possible for me to edit my town anyway?

Because I'm not sure I'd be able to upgrade my version to something at 9.x up to 9.5.0-22...If I try to upgrade my version, I'm afraid it'll have to be the latest one, which wouldn't allow me to hack my town in any way.

A little help please?

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was just wondering; my 3DS has the 8.1.0-19E version, would it be possible for me to edit my town anyway?

Because I'm not sure I'd be able to upgrade my version to something at 9.x up to 9.5.0-22...If I try to upgrade my version, I'm afraid it'll have to be the latest one, which wouldn't allow me to hack my town in any way.

A little help please?

I'm 90% sure that'll work. And I mean, if it doesn't, no harm done.

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm 90% sure that'll work. And I mean, if it doesn't, no harm done.

Didn't work, unfortunately... I'll try again, maybe I didn't unzip correctly the files or something like that.
You wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to get an update for my console which is not the latest one, by any chance?

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work, unfortunately... I'll try again, maybe I didn't unzip correctly the files or something like that.
You wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to get an update for my console which is not the latest one, by any chance?

It's possible. I'd maybe give the RAM editor a try, see if that does anything.
I'm not totally sure. If I were you, I'd suggest keeping your current un-updated, then maybe get a second hand one for primary use? That's what I'm doing anyway, heh.

Belphybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are some games with 9.2 firmware, so you could use them to update your 3DS. The two I know are Super Smash Bros. 3DS (although, apparently it's only the early copies of the game) and Cooking Mama.

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well the thing is after doing the first steps and putting my SD card back into my computer, I don't get any acnlram.bin file...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi