ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the data for the google doc is not right.

0x57e84 is house exterior size, max size is 07

0x57e85 is house exterior shape, for modern house, you need to use 03.

Let's say I make a Player 2 in my town and go through the starting point where they get a tent and save and quit. If I go into HxD and change the size value to 07 and nothing else, when I inject will the tent turn into the largest style default house right off the bat? When I tried it before it didn't work but now I'm starting to think it's because I was using the incorrect byte of 08 to change the shape too. Hmmm...this deserves further testing.

Reactions: Deleted User

alex212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody please help me, I think I might have completely broken my game.
I used the map editor and added a second river (I have used the map editor before and it was fine) and I went into my game and none of the map changes showed up (no river in game, but there was one on the map etc.). I thought it was normal because it happened before so I just closed my game to restart it so my changes would show up. When I went to start my game, it started loading like usual (train icon) but then crashed and my ds restarted? I have made 2 save back-ups (one before the hacks and one after before it broke) but I can't even get into my game to restore. Somebody please help, I'm scared because I spent so much time on my town:( I have a digital game.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's say I make a Player 2 in my town and go through the starting point where they get a tent and save and quit. If I go into HxD and change the size value to 07 and nothing else, when I inject will the tent turn into the largest style default house right off the bat? When I tried it before it didn't work but now I'm starting to think it's because I was using the incorrect byte of 08 to change the shape too. Hmmm...this deserves further testing.

I didn't test it with a tent, because at the time of testing, I had no towns with a tent.

Sadly, I have paid my loans in all my towns, so I no longer have any tents D:

If someone wants to test, I'd be curious to see. :D

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't test it with a tent, because at the time of testing, I had no towns with a tent.

Sadly, I have paid my loans in all my towns, so I no longer have any tents D:

If someone wants to test, I'd be curious to see. :D

Just tested on my new Player 2. From tent to maxed house, it works! I don't know if it assigns random exteriors/roofs but mine does not have the same ones it started off with probably because it came from tent instead of starter house.

Also, the interior of the house is still the original tent. I even had the cutscene where the character receives a lantern. Going to Nook's to see if paying off the down payment upgrades the interior. Exterior still maxed house.

Issy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(Sorry for asking about problems a lot, but I'm pretty new to hacking) but I used the RAM editor to move around buildings, and the only building i have a problem with is the dock. I move the dock and the island bin, but Kapp'n with his boat to take you to the island doesn't move into the right spot... he floats above the sand. This is the only issue I have after using the map editor and ram editor, how can i fix this??
I've tried time-traveling a few days, that doesn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_2510.JPG
    IMG_2510.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 650

baandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry for asking about problems a lot, but I'm pretty new to hacking) but I used the RAM editor to move around buildings, and the only building i have a problem with is the dock. I move the dock and the island bin, but Kapp'n with his boat to take you to the island doesn't move into the right spot... he floats above the sand. This is the only issue I have after using the map editor and ram editor, how can i fix this??
I've tried time-traveling a few days, that doesn't work.

I believe it's because Kapp'n is anchored to the bin and not the dock. Not 100% sure I didn't mess with the coordinates of those to much. Whatever your coordinates are for the dock you have to have the bin be +1 for x and -11 for y.
example: My dock is 55x, 87y so my bin has to be 56x, 78y.

Issy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe it's because Kapp'n is anchored to the bin and not the dock. Not 100% sure I didn't mess with the coordinates of those to much. Whatever your coordinates are for the dock you have to have the bin be +1 for x and -11 for y.
example: My dock is 55x, 87y so my bin has to be 56x, 78y.

I moved the bin +1 for x and -11 for y, but that just moved the bin, attached to the whole dock, into the cliff. Kapp'n stayed where he was, on the beach :/
Something strange, on the ram editor, there is an option for coordinates of the dock, and coordinates for the bin. If the dock moves together with the bin, why would you need two options (one for dock, one for bin) so maybe one option is for the dock and one is for Kapp'n?

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully got the house to upgrade in size. However, the interior remains the same as the first house and Nook still allows me to upgrade. I'm not sure where to go from here. Am I just going to have to go forth with the upgrades and buy them all?

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully got the house to upgrade in size. However, the interior remains the same as the first house and Nook still allows me to upgrade. I'm not sure where to go from here. Am I just going to have to go forth with the upgrades and buy them all?

I would worst comes to worst give your self a bunch of bells for upgrades, Also try to save and quit

baandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved the bin +1 for x and -11 for y, but that just moved the bin, attached to the whole dock, into the cliff. Kapp'n stayed where he was, on the beach :/
Something strange, on the ram editor, there is an option for coordinates of the dock, and coordinates for the bin. If the dock moves together with the bin, why would you need two options (one for dock, one for bin) so maybe one option is for the dock and one is for Kapp'n?

It may be something with the editor. Before it went down a few days ago when I moved the dock the bin stayed put. I kept moving things and couldn't get Kapp'n, the dock, and the bin synched until I went to find a old back up ram I had to get my old coordinates and start over. If it's not the editor maybe there's more than 1 type of dock and the variations in our x and ys are supposed to be different? Because of that all I can suggest is getting your old coordinates if you have them and make little changes until you get the dock, bin, and Kapp'n all where you need them.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Right now, yes.

Unless you want to go and fidget with the hex editor to figure out what changes sizes. I tried something, but found no common pattern, so I put it on the ice right now.

The house editing values are just for the exterior. They don't affect the interior at all, because the room information is after the facade information.

MisterMacro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While we are on the subject of house editing, would there be any possible way to change the exterior of your house to resemble a villager's 3x3 house? I'd like my non-mayor characters to blend in with the other villagers.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While we are on the subject of house editing, would there be any possible way to change the exterior of your house to resemble a villager's 3x3 house? I'd like my non-mayor characters to blend in with the other villagers.

As far as I know, no, because the values of your house depend on what is in Tom Nook's store. There are no samples for some of the house shapes, so you can't go and change them to these shapes

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, yes.

Unless you want to go and fidget with the hex editor to figure out what changes sizes. I tried something, but found no common pattern, so I put it on the ice right now.

The house editing values are just for the exterior. They don't affect the interior at all, because the room information is after the facade information.

New problem. None of the expansions I've bought have taken hold in the house. It still has the full size house exterior but the same 4x4 interior size as the starting home. I have a feeling I need to change the house size back to normal for it to work.

Prismi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the ram editor but every time I put the acnlram folder in, it doesn't go to my map.
How do I fix?
Did I accidentally update my DS?
Help :(

mcd00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't save my game file. I'll follow all the steps, and my browser will crash, but no colored screens are popping up? Can anybody help?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New problem. None of the expansions I've bought have taken hold in the house. It still has the full size house exterior but the same 4x4 interior size as the starting home. I have a feeling I need to change the house size back to normal for it to work.

Yups, it does glitch the expansions, which I didn't check. Right now, Nook is talking to me like I needed a 2nd floor :)

So, if you want to mess with the size, make sure you have the size of house you want!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!