ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

D

Deleted User

Holy crap!
In regards to both your play names post and this unicode characters post, I would be VERY interested in knowing how to edit a player name to have Japanese characters. The text is clearly supported by the game since I've got a friend in Japan and I can, of course, see her name displayed in Japanese. Obviously if YOU don't know any Japanese, this may pose a significant challenge, but if you can just point me in the right direction with this hex editing, I might be able to figure it out.
HOLY CRAP!!! Does this mean we may be able to use Japanese letters??:unsure:

D

Deleted User

Also, the injection site is working just fine for me. Actually they all are working.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get hyped
2eelqpl.jpg

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those values worked like a charm. Thanks, NeoKamek.

The inject site isn't working at this moment? Finished some changes at my town, but can't inject. "Page not found", it says.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well. I just get a communication error.

In regards to both your play names post and this unicode characters post, I would be VERY interested in knowing how to edit a player name to have Japanese characters. The text is clearly supported by the game since I've got a friend in Japan and I can, of course, see her name displayed in Japanese. Obviously if YOU don't know any Japanese, this may pose a significant challenge, but if you can just point me in the right direction with this hex editing, I might be able to figure it out.

Sure. I'll post a pastebin link with what I had figured out a few days ago.

http://pastebin.com/9YpgaY3i

As for Japanese, it'd just be a matter of converting each hiragana/katakana/kanji character to hexadecimal, reversing the bytes, and inserting it into the game. This page has the hiragana and katakna characters near the top of the spreadsheet.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Unicode/Character_reference/3000-3FFF

I'll give an example of how you'd convert a symbol to appear in the game. Say you want to use こ as the first character in player 1's name, According to the spreadsheet, this value corresponds to 3053 in hexadecimal. In order to insert this into the RAM, we need to split 3053 into half (two bytes) so that it becomes 30 53. Then we need to reverse the order of the bytes so that the value becomes 53 30. Finally, we go to the RAM, go to address 0x55C8 (address for the first character in player 1's name), and fill addresses 0x55C8 and 0x55C9 with the values 30 and 53 respectively.

D

Deleted User

Those values worked like a charm. Thanks, NeoKamek.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well. I just get a communication error.

Sure. I'll post a pastebin link with what I had figured out a few days ago.

http://pastebin.com/9YpgaY3i

As for Japanese, it'd just be a matter of converting each hiragana/katakana/kanji character to hexadecimal, reversing the bytes, and inserting it into the game. This page has the hiragana and katakna characters near the top of the spreadsheet.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Unicode/Character_reference/3000-3FFF

I'll give an example of how you'd convert a symbol to appear in the game. Say you want to use こ as the first character in player 1's name, According to the spreadsheet, this value corresponds to 3053 in hexadecimal. In order to insert this into the RAM, we need to split 3053 into half (two bytes) so that it becomes 30 53. Then we need to reverse the order of the bytes so that the value becomes 53 30. Finally, we go to the RAM, go to address 0x55C8 (address for the first character in player 1's name), and fill addresses 0x55C8 and 0x55C9 with the values 30 and 53 respectively.
Does this change the keyboard so we can talk to Japanese people?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, shredded what?