ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

MarcelFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about this: If i understood the 3DS Exploit Patch right, then they've been closing the way between the RAM Memory and the SD Card. But what If i could use a cloud storage to dump the data from the 3ds RAM memory to a cloud storage, without extracting it to the SD card/internal memory?
Of chourse you may want to log into something like google drive/dropbox/etc. before dumping/injecting.
It should work even after the patch if I understood it all right.
Please could someone tell if this could work or not?

Last edited by MarcelFTW,

Animalese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I upload my file to the Ram Editor, it comes up 'File Type Invalid.' Why? I uploaded my ACNLRAM.BIN file and it just always comes up...

D

Deleted User

Hey, is there any way I can rename a character with the RAM editor?
That would be ROM hacking.
I would think that you guys would know the difference between ROM hacking, and RAM hacking.
ROM holds the games internal files.
RAM hds all saved data.

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would think that you guys would know the difference between ROM hacking, and RAM hacking.
RAM hds all saved data.
Which should also contain the name of the current character the player is using.
I don't think he wants to rename some NPC, although I could be wrong.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
RAM hds all saved data.
Ákchullly

HNI_0023.JPG

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it's not.
RAM holds more than the savefile ofc, the dumper just happens to dump only the savefile.
That's true, as for any other system.
But at the moment such temporary changes are just inconvenient as you have to inject it every time you make a change or restart the game.
And as stated above if one wants a permanent change the game data itself must be changed.

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's true, as for any other system.
But at the moment such temporary changes are just inconvenient as you have to inject it every time you make a change or restart the game.
And as stated above if one wants a permanent change the game data itself must be changed.
Thanks for responding all of you, but yeah it's actually one of my characters I want to rename, not an NPC. Is it possible? Seems like it would be a simple thing to change.

JellyDitto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the soon to be released ironhax coming out, and these hacks aren't compatible with the current firmware version, would it be possible to create hacked towns and put that into your game since it will have a save injector?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the soon to be released ironhax coming out, and these hacks aren't compatible with the current firmware version, would it be possible to create hacked towns and put that into your game since it will have a save injector?
Yup, see here. This tool still needs an update to support saves and not just ram dumps, though.

Reactions: marc_max

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
how about this: If i understood the 3DS Exploit Patch right, then they've been closing the way between the RAM Memory and the SD Card. But what If i could use a cloud storage to dump the data from the 3ds RAM memory to a cloud storage, without extracting it to the SD card/internal memory?
Of chourse you may want to log into something like google drive/dropbox/etc. before dumping/injecting.
It should work even after the patch if I understood it all right.
Please could someone tell if this could work or not?

what are you even talking about lol

they didn't patch "how the "ram memory" gets to the SD card".. they patched the exploit in the internet browser.

About92Dwarves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm having a little trouble with this.
My 3ds is Ver. 9.2.0-0U (updated with Smash Bros cartridge), and my internet browser is Ver. 1.7610 . I copied the acnl_ramtools.zip files onto the sd card, started acnl and got the mayor standing outside of it's house. Then I started up the internet browser and went to http://bit.ly/acnl_dump to try to create a .bin file on the sd card (the history and cookies were deleted beforehand, and spot pass is disabled). I got to the point where I received this message:

Downloading ROP file LoadCode.dat: OK
Setting filename to 'acnldump.bin': OK
Executing...

At this point the bottom screen is supposed to turn green and the system should give me an error message, but that never happens. My browser just constantly displays the message above. I've gone through this process several times, and the screen never turns green, or any other color. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does this have to do with the patch concerning the exploit in the browser? Any and all help would be appreciated!

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I'm having a little trouble with this.
My 3ds is Ver. 9.2.0-0U (updated with Smash Bros cartridge), and my internet browser is Ver. 1.7610 . I copied the acnl_ramtools.zip files onto the sd card, started acnl and got the mayor standing outside of it's house. Then I started up the internet browser and went to http://bit.ly/acnl_dump to try to create a .bin file on the sd card (the history and cookies were deleted beforehand, and spot pass is disabled). I got to the point where I received this message:

Downloading ROP file LoadCode.dat: OK
Setting filename to 'acnldump.bin': OK
Executing...

At this point the bottom screen is supposed to turn green and the system should give me an error message, but that never happens. My browser just constantly displays the message above. I've gone through this process several times, and the screen never turns green, or any other color. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does this have to do with the patch concerning the exploit in the browser? Any and all help would be appreciated!
How do you have the 9.9 browser but your last number after the dash (-) is 0, indicating you have NO browser? Did you mess with your 3DS in some way? lol

About92Dwarves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you have the 9.9 browser but your last number after the dash (-) is 0, indicating you have NO browser? Did you mess with your 3DS in some way? lol

lol I did actually, and this is probably going to sound like a nightmare for people who are more experienced with this. After I updated the 3DS with the Smash Bros cartridge, I found that I didn't have the qr code button on the bottom camera menu (the camera which comes up when you press L+R), AND I couldn't open my internet browser. I'm totally new when it comes to messing with updates and RAM, so I decided I would try to fully upgrade the firmware, downgrade it back to 4.X, and then upgrade it to 9.2.0 using the SB cartridge again with the hope that I would finally have access to the qr code button/internet browser (probably a really dumb idea, but i figured it was worth a try).
At this point several things happened:
1) the firmware experienced multiple errors while updating, and after every failed attempt the system settings still said I had the 9.2.0-0U firmware, and I still did not have the qr code button/internet browser capabilities.
2) During the last failed update I experienced a power surge, followed by an outage, and accidentally knocked the 3ds to the floor (the ac adapter was plugged into the 3DS).
3. The 3DS' screens went black, but came back on after a few seconds. The firmware update had failed yet again, but I could now somehow access the internet, so I abandoned the idea of going through multiple up/downgrades and decided to try using the RAM editor.

Considering all of this it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that the editor isn't working, but I still wanted to check and see if anyone else had a similar problem first.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol I did actually, and this is probably going to sound like a nightmare for people who are more experienced with this. After I updated the 3DS with the Smash Bros cartridge, I found that I didn't have the qr code button on the bottom camera menu (the camera which comes up when you press L+R), AND I couldn't open my internet browser. I'm totally new when it comes to messing with updates and RAM, so I decided I would try to fully upgrade the firmware, downgrade it back to 4.X, and then upgrade it to 9.2.0 using the SB cartridge again with the hope that I would finally have access to the qr code button/internet browser (probably a really dumb idea, but i figured it was worth a try).
At this point several things happened:
1) the firmware experienced multiple errors while updating, and after every failed attempt the system settings still said I had the 9.2.0-0U firmware, and I still did not have the qr code button/internet browser capabilities.
2) During the last failed update I experienced a power surge, followed by an outage, and accidentally knocked the 3ds to the floor (the ac adapter was plugged into the 3DS).
3. The 3DS' screens went black, but came back on after a few seconds. The firmware update had failed yet again, but I could now somehow access the internet, so I abandoned the idea of going through multiple up/downgrades and decided to try using the RAM editor.

Considering all of this it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that the editor isn't working, but I still wanted to check and see if anyone else had a similar problem first.
Oh lawd lol... Well, if you downgrade to 4.x, it will give you the qr code box and a lower browser, and you can then upgrade using rxtools devmode + sysupdater. The question is, can your current browser even launch the gateway exploit?

Reactions: About92Dwarves

About92Dwarves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lawd lol... Well, if you downgrade to 4.x, it will give you the qr code box and a lower browser, and you can then upgrade using rxtools devmode + sysupdater. The question is, can your current browser even launch the gateway exploit?

I don't really think so at this point, but I'll keep messing around with it. Thank you for mentioning the rxtools devmode and sysupdater, if anything I'll use them to get the qr code box and try editing with LeafTools :)

Reactions: samiam144

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo