ROM Hack [Release] ACRehash: New Leaf and Happy Home Designer offline save fixer

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was originally going to throw a thread up documenting Happy Home Designer's hash regions - but I figured why not just make a tool for it instead? One thing led to another, so here's ACRehash.

This tool is capable of fixing checksums on Animal Crossing 3DS saves, allowing for offline editing of exported save games without any browser/RAM hacks.
It works on all save files I'm aware of, besides mvplayer.dat which I haven't been able to get a sample of. These include:
-garden.dat (ACNL)
-friend1.dat (ACNL)
-exhibition.dat (ACNL)
-takumi.dat (ACHHD)

To use this, just drop your save file on ACRehash.exe. Afterward your save will be ready for re-import.

Thanks to SciresM for the hash documentation, some code, and the actual inspiration to research the non-garden.dat and HHD save files.

DOWNLOADS (source and Windows binaries):
MEGA
MediaFire

Attachments

• ACRehashv1.0.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,114

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, now we can use this with savedatafiler!
Yes, but that tool doesn't directly support garden.dat saves quite yet. If you wanna play around with it, you can cut the first 0x80 off the beginning of your save, and pad it to 0x80000 bytes long to make it load - the reverse can be done to convert your save back to garden.dat format. As tools start to support this format, though, this won't be necessary.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but that tool doesn't directly support garden.dat saves quite yet. If you wanna play around with it, you can cut the first 0x80 off the beginning of your save, and pad it to 0x80000 bytes long to make it load - the reverse can be done to convert your save back to garden.dat format. As tools start to support this format, though, this won't be necessary.
I see, thanks. This will really come in handy,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't get it to do with mori.bin and acnlram.bin.
This tool is for savedatafiler saves, you can extract garden.dat, friend1.dat, exhibition.dat, and if you have ACHHD, takumi.dat. It has nothing to do with marc_max and NeoKamek's dumps. Although, you can convert garden.dat to acnlram.bin by doing this:
you can cut the first 0x80 off the beginning of your save, and pad it to 0x80000 bytes long to make it load - the reverse can be done to convert your save back to garden.dat format. As tools start to support this format, though, this won't be necessary.

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was originally going to throw a thread up documenting Happy Home Designer's hash regions - but I figured why not just make a tool for it instead? One thing led to another, so here's ACRehash.

This tool is capable of fixing checksums on Animal Crossing 3DS saves, allowing for offline editing of exported save games without any browser/RAM hacks.
It works on all save files I'm aware of, besides mvplayer.dat which I haven't been able to get a sample of. These include:
-garden.dat (ACNL)
-friend1.dat (ACNL)
-exhibition.dat (ACNL)
-takumi.dat (ACHHD)

To use this, just drop your save file on ACRehash.exe. Afterward your save will be ready for re-import.

Thanks to SciresM for the hash documentation, some code, and the actual inspiration to research the non-garden.dat and HHD save files.

DOWNLOADS (source and Windows binaries):
MEGA
MediaFire

Not work for Windows 10 32 Bit

chocolatte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you run your savegame with this tool, it essentially patches it so that you can put it safely back into the game always? or is it a once-every-time thing?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you run your savegame with this tool, it essentially patches it so that you can put it safely back into the game always? or is it a once-every-time thing?
The AC games use checksums on their saves to both prevent tampering and make sure they haven't been corrupted. This tool re-calculates and saves those checksums. It needs to be run every time you edit your save, before re-importing it on your 3DS.

[PastYf]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How I can extract the "save" of the game? I need to update the 3DS to use the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer. And I can't load the game with the Region Free launcher... So, how do you extract the Takumi file? :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night