ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for one that only requires a ds mode flashcard.

It looks like I'm not the only one wanting this, I mean, sure, we have Powersaves, but it's incredibly inconvenient. You can only get so many items at a time with it, and on top of that, the thing is extremely slow with Animal Crossing, so it's a flop and I gave up on trying to use it. I'd love to see someone develop a save editor for this game, it would be amazing

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to hex edit my save, first of all there are 5 files, exhibition.dat, friend1.dat, garden.dat, mail1.dat, mydsgn1.dat . Town infos should be stored in garden.dat but due to my little knowledge of hex editing i corrupted the save. :mellow:

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been tempted to take a deeper look into the save. Luckily you can edit this save with CFW, so DS cart only is plausible. Main issue atm is checksums, still need to find where those are.

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah decrypting isn't that hard cause it's a card2 game. I supposed there were checksums then that's why I finished in corrupting the save.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my case, I was able to edit the game save data by directly playing with the memory content using NTR CFW, so there was no need to figure out the checksum mechanism in this game (i.e. the game would calculate them for you for any changes you want to make).

To show the result, you could check this out.

Cheers.

Commandertemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my case, I was able to edit the game save data by directly playing with the memory content using NTR CFW, so there was no need to figure out the checksum mechanism in this game (i.e. the game would calculate them for you for any changes you want to make).

To show the result, you could check this out.

Cheers.

do you have a dl for the plugin?
thx,
commandertemp

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trying to install NTR CFW, have you a plugin for cheat ?

do you have a dl for the plugin?
thx,
commandertemp

I am still playing with the plug-in codes and it is still in the unstable condition. When it is ready, I will put it either in googlecode or github.

conanac Could you post the memory address and all info you gathered about the basic structure?

I want to build a RAM dumper/injector using the same method as Pokemon and your information could be useful.

You mean like this (I made this video around the beginning of February):

I have been thinking of creating a save editor for ACNL using this approach (and there is no need to understand checksum mechanism with this approach). However, there are a lot of things need to be sorted out (such as the items in the house, etc). So this could take quite a time.

Cheers.

Reactions: temptemp

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Got it working, however there is a lot of work to do yet.
Unfortunately, building the item indexes list is going to be a pain in the ass. Anyone knows if it exists in the web?

I have an item list with even their international names (french, german, italian and spanish), but I need their real in-game indexes :-( I have identified a few of them (mostly trees, rocks and weeds), of course, but the game has more than 3500 items.

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started working on this independently the other day, not knowing the amount of progress that has been made already. That tumblr link is something else for sure. I've figured out how to inject items and mess with grass wear (a town full of grass is beautiful, the grass even grows under the concrete slabs at the plaza etc), but not much else yet. I'm especially curious as to how you managed to edit turnip prices, medals, and bank account information, I can't find the offsets for those anywhere (just a few memory addresses whose values change completely at random, maybe it's in a part of the RAM I'm not dumping?)

Did you ever get past the house data problem? I ended up writing a save dumper that extracts two blocks of RAM to compensate for it. Sent you two a PM in case there's anything I can do to contribute in my (limited) free time.

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I started working in a simple pockets, dressers and map editor, since they seem to be the easier values to edit. That's my priority for now, I might work on other things like turnip prices or patterns later.

The grass wear info, however, sounds interesting. I haven't looked at it yet, and I'd also like to move buildings like villagers houses.

I'm going to open a new topic so users can start posting their results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh