Hacking Animal Crossing New Leaf GW problems?

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? My wife just tried to play this game and she loves it, but when she went to save it for the first time, it gave an error message and she had to shut it down. When she turned it back on it got a save corrupted message and had to delete it.. NOT GOOD...

Before she tries to play again, is this new?

EDIT

I downloaded it as a CIA from hippo guy...

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Animal Crossing has a special way of saving...I don't remember the specifics though.

I thought GW had a solution for this, but maybe it requires something special to be done on the user's part.

Using a .cia is probably a lot easier though, so it doesn't matter.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Animal Crossing has a special way of saving...I don't remember the specifics though.

I thought GW had a solution for this, but maybe it requires something special to be done on the user's part.

Using a .cia is probably a lot easier though, so it doesn't matter.
ACNL is a card2 cartridge which actually saves inside the rom (gamedata) memory chip instead of a seperate eeprom save chip. That's not an issue anymore. The problem is, the 'repacked' cia's are converted from cart roms in a somewhat complicated process that is more likely to produce errors if not done just right. The 'legit' cia's that i described above, are barely changed from their original source as a bundled system game. So much so, in fact, that they can even be played on sysnand without hacks. They're that clean (aka 'legit').

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ACNL is a card2 cartridge which actually saves inside the rom (gamedata) memory chip instead of a seperate eeprom save chip. That's not an issue anymore.

Ah, that's right. Thanks for the reminder

The problem is, the 'repacked' cia's are converted from cart roms in a somewhat complicated process that is more likely to produce errors if not done just right. The 'legit' cia's that i described above, are barely changed from their original source as a bundled system game. So much so, in fact, that they can even be played on sysnand without hacks. They're that clean (aka 'legit').

Yeah I've gotten a few poorly made .cias from that certain site. Legit .cias are definitely much better and easier to use, at least for the games that they exist for.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help guys. I did find a Legit ACNL game... and it finally says continue save after planting the tree......:yaywii:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: