Gaming Animal Crossing: New Leaf DLC + StreetPass

robotortoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoughts: Okay, so it seems like the DLC for Animal Crossing: New Leaf is just that: downloadable content. But when you think about it, that means for every house I StreetPass with a DLC item I don't have, Animal Crossing has to download that item to the system. (or cartridge. Probably the "extra data" section)

Now that's all fine and dandy, until you realize.... there's 20 StreetPass slots. That's a lot of possible compressed models and data for a data transaction that lasts 2 seconds max.

Maybe the items are actually coded in the game and unlockable?

Anyone else got any thoughts here? I wanna figure this out.

-Robotortoise

P.S. Has anyone tried packet sniffing the StreetPass function to see the maximum data on "slot/title" can hold? That'll certainly be useful. Also....Dream Suite towns. How many MB are they? Just curious, really.

navimegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never thought about that, but i imagine it's the same as having personalised items, most likely it's only a tiny amount of data.

robotortoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that personalized items are only allowed to what's designs are in your inventory at the time, so the game only stores eight patterns per character/house and has it listed whether or not the designs are applied to a certain object. :/

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well with city folk, you could add your own hacked dlc, and it would have custom models, so sure i expect new leaf has just the same thing, where it is 'true' dlc, and not just unlocking an item :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-