ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

deadmanx03x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey is there anywhere i can get other peoples save backups? id like to find an island with every item in the game, all diy, etc. just way too lazy to do all the work on my own

Funco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamebanana has been down for some days and I was wondering if someone could direct me to a possible forum or website or some location where i can download some romf files (such as sound mods, texture mods, etc) or if you have some neat romf files you're willing to share. thanks in advance!
Works for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201005-113611_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201005-113611_Chrome.jpg
    789.7 KB · Views: 229

mystiko111

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems v1.5.0 have some "house self correcting".

If the game finds that the layout of the house does not match that villager. It will try to "correct" it.
Yes, looks exactly the same.
Gonzo's interior fits perfect to Coco. I had Coco for month with this interior and was really happy with it.
I don't know why Nintendo tries to force the original furnitures now.
I guess there will be no way to "fix" the fix?

Just after injecting Gonzo's house:
before.png

Save and reload. Next day and the game "correct" it:
after.png

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems v1.5.0 have some "house self correcting".

If the game finds that the layout of the house does not match that villager. It will try to "correct" it.

Just after injecting Gonzo's house:
before.png

Save and reload. Next day and the game "correct" it:
after.png
Why not leaving an empty house, then go to mistery island, chang resident there for "desired villager", that way you wont have this kind ofm errors

mystiko111

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why not leaving an empty house, then go to mistery island, chang resident there for "desired villager", that way you wont have this kind ofm errors
Leaving an empty house? Meaning the desired house without villager? Is this possible with NHSE? But I guess if you invite a new villager it will end with the same results as above.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Leaving an empty house? Meaning the desired house without villager? Is this possible with NHSE? But I guess if you invite a new villager it will end with the same results as above.
Yes its possible with nhse, and i think this will fix that because it will arrive with "the system help"
Btw his house looks like this?, i changed elvis x coco with mobile spawner, then changed date (1 day forward), saved and when started again the house changed and coco's house looks like that

Attachments

• 20201005_154502.jpg
    20201005_154502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
Last edited by Xjackio,
Reactions: mystiko111

mystiko111

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes its possible with nhse, and i think this will fix that because it will arrive with "the system help"
Btw his house looks like this?, i changed elvis x coco with mobile spawner, then changed date (1 day forward), saved and when started again the house changed and coco's house looks like that
Yeah, this is her original interior.
But with the NHSE I swapped her interior with Gonzo's (fits much better). But after the update the game seems to try to force the original furnitures.
So I guess it's not possible to mix villagers and interiors anymore.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, this is her original interior.
But with the NHSE I swapped her interior with Gonzo's (fits much better). But after the update the game seems to try to force the original furnitures.
So I guess it's not possible to mix villagers and interiors anymore.
Yeah, i think thats impossible rn

Reactions: mystiko111

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
perhaps someone here knows - I have two Switch units, one from march 2017 and one ACNH-edition Switch, and I would like to hack my 2017 Switch, but I am unsure where to start.

what I want to achieve is to be able to load these maps full with items so that I can drop by with my legit Switch and pick up, but I would prefer to not get my hacked unit banned, if I can avoid it. I own two copies of the game, and I don't want to do anything else but save edit really (i.e illegal games, ROMS, etc.).

I found the birb-guide, and I've ordered a jig off eBay, but I feel like some steps are missing with the guide and I have little clue as to what I'll need to do or use in order to load the maps and how to start really. are there guides out there that I have missed while researching this subject? I hacked my 3DS back in the day, but this seems a little less organised.

I have a Macbook, but access to Windows if that is preferred. if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreaciated : )

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
perhaps someone here knows - I have two Switch units, one from march 2017 and one ACNH-edition Switch, and I would like to hack my 2017 Switch, but I am unsure where to start.

what I want to achieve is to be able to load these maps full with items so that I can drop by with my legit Switch and pick up, but I would prefer to not get my hacked unit banned, if I can avoid it. I own two copies of the game, and I don't want to do anything else but save edit really (i.e illegal games, ROMS, etc.).

I found the birb-guide, and I've ordered a jig off eBay, but I feel like some steps are missing with the guide and I have little clue as to what I'll need to do or use in order to load the maps and how to start really. are there guides out there that I have missed while researching this subject? I hacked my 3DS back in the day, but this seems a little less organised.

I have a Macbook, but access to Windows if that is preferred. if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreaciated : )
https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch
This is where u can download the files needed

And video guide

Reactions: iepuras

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu