ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple appearance. I already have all the trees from the first week, I just wanted another one to appear in the passport, or for the neighbours to drink something other than pear juice. Nonsense, I know.
Ah, I gotcha. That actually makes sense to me. My very first GameCube animal crossing town was cherries, and my current one is pears, and I'm often a little offput by it, haha. It'd be cool if they drank other juices based on what you had planted.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you but I heard fencing in doesn’t work my method is so much more work but it does work if you follow it.
with all these time consuming steps, I have no idea how people are transferring villagers this much to sell $$$ rares like Raymond.
In NHSE, you can import villagers (and their house) of your choice. There's a check box for them to move them out. Tick it, and they will stay in their houses and all items packed into carton boxes. Visitors can then chat to them to invite them to their island.

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In NHSE, you can import villagers (and their house) of your choice. There's a check box for them to move them out. Tick it, and they will stay in their houses and all items packed into carton boxes. Visitors can then chat to them to invite them to their island.

thats assuming you have an empty plot in your online switch, constantly. these people have like 10 raymonds in stock. ridiculous. theres just too much transferring involved

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
thats assuming you have an empty plot in your online switch, constantly. these people have like 10 raymonds in stock. ridiculous. theres just too much transferring involved
There's also an 'empty' villager. Import that and the villager and house disappears to an empty roped off plot.

Pretty easy. Advertise any villager. Someone wants one. You just load the villager in the slot, tick the moving out boxes, and invite your visitor to entice your villager. Wait for next sucker to come along and pay for something you generate.

I am hoping by sharing this, the price of the villagers drops and then we don't have these illegal trade in Villagers. It is bad enough dealing with the Raccoon Mafia (or Tim Tom Mafia), but illegal Villager traffickers?!!!

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also an 'empty' villager. Import that and the villager and house disappears to an empty roped off plot.

Pretty easy. Advertise any villager. Someone wants one. You just load the villager in the slot, tick the moving out boxes, and invite your visitor to entice your villager. Wait for next sucker to come along and pay for something you generate.

I am hoping by sharing this, the price of the villagers drops and then we don't have these illegal trade in Villagers. It is bad enough dealing with the Raccoon Mafia (or Tim Tom Mafia), but illegal Villager traffickers?!!!

the issue then there is their cfw will go online.... and then banned lol

Doogie Boogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried placing a garden lantern on layer 2 via NHSE? It's so small and I feel like it will look better that way but will it work? I know it's a layer 1 piece of furniture.

Exegency

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
**Wrapping Paper Flag1 Values**
Mint: 15
Gold: 31
Black: 3D
Blue: 25
Light-Blue: 19
Green: 11
White: 29
Chartreuse: D
Orange: 9
Navy: 21
Orange: 2D
Gray: 39
Purple: 1D
Yellow: 1
Pink: 5
Brown: 35
Put these numbers in "Flag1" to wrap any item including things that can not be wrapped normally. (Like fish & bugs)

if using RyDog's Text2item, can Flag1 be set?

forsalebypwner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NHSE added an "Edit Visitor" option, has anybody figured out how to use it yet?
z1YCXPL.png

I loaded up a save from 5 days ago and compared the visitor menu to my current save, and it had the same visitors in the same order, so I figured 0-6 refers to Monday-Sunday. So I tried putting Flick on day 6, went to 8am on Sunday, and there were no visitors.

Shekan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two questions:
- Anyone have trouble with code triggered by Right Pad ? they seems to need another button to be properly triggered
Rpad Right .. never work first time
L + Rpad Right .. work every time.
I can never get the code to work with L + Rpad Right. I'm thinking of trying to change the code to a different button combination just to see if it works that way. I have joycon drift so that may be an issue?

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
**Wrapping Paper Flag1 Values**
Mint: 15
Gold: 31
Black: 3D
Blue: 25
Light-Blue: 19
Green: 11
White: 29
Chartreuse: D
Orange: 9
Navy: 21
Orange: 2D
Gray: 39
Purple: 1D
Yellow: 1
Pink: 5
Brown: 35
Put these numbers in "Flag1" to wrap any item including things that can not be wrapped normally. (Like fish & bugs)

Present : 02 (Red Ribbon)
Box : 43 (Delivery Box)

Alree

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can never get the code to work with L + Rpad Right. I'm thinking of trying to change the code to a different button combination just to see if it works that way. I have joycon drift so that may be an issue?

Just buy some cheap joystick. have changed mine in less than 10 minutes and never drifted since.
btw it's 3-5 bucks one joystick, even if it work only few months it's worth it.

Shekan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just buy some cheap joystick. have changed mine in less than 10 minutes and never drifted since.
btw it's 3-5 bucks one joystick, even if it work only few months it's worth it.
I can't get your camrotate cheats to work at all, I have tried different button combinations and everything else I can think of :(

Alree

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well try another Button before, as I say, it's more a PoC.
Sometimes I need to push "D-PAD Right" to "unlock" cam and make those Code working.
There is 57 preset "camera mode" in this game. and I actually only change 2.
On my two switch have changed maybe ten of them with another method, but it's a pain to share it.
I'll wait the next big patch to make it more stable.

Shekan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of maybe going in with Noexes and looking at the offsets from your cheat, to see if there's something I can change around... but I will be looking forward to seeing more from you! Your mods and cheats are all pretty awesome

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NHSE added an "Edit Visitor" option, has anybody figured out how to use it yet?
z1YCXPL.png

I loaded up a save from 5 days ago and compared the visitor menu to my current save, and it had the same visitors in the same order, so I figured 0-6 refers to Monday-Sunday. So I tried putting Flick on day 6, went to 8am on Sunday, and there were no visitors.
Japanese calendar starts on Sunday. Maybe try putting Flick on [0]?

Reactions: forsalebypwner

igoticecream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there a cheat code that when youre browsing the nook shopping add, instead of buying it and wait a day, press a combo key and goes into your inventory?

D

Deleted User

Present : 02 (Red Ribbon)
Box : 43 (Delivery Box)
nice, i already found that but i forgot to update the post.
theres also present values that actually show the name of the item (so you can wrap a tarantula and itll show its gold paper and you can drop it) but the name is "tarantula" not "present"
i havent made a list of those yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if using RyDog's Text2item, can Flag1 be set?
idk, i dont use that i use nhse. probably

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum