ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

BeanDomino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's absolutely the fact you're on 1.0.0 because in all my testing (including other people in this thread using it) I have never once run into the blank plot glitch ever since it was fixed in an update by Nintendo itself. The only glitch I've hit was "I've moved out!", but that can happen to people not hacking at all. Is there any particular reason why you're on 1.0.0?

That's good to hear! To be honest, I've never uppdated a title offline before and was putting it off. Is it worth updating to the most recent?

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear! To be honest, I've never uppdated a title offline before and was putting it off. Is it worth updating to the most recent?
There's no downside to updating Animal Crossing to the latest patch. The "I've moved out!" glitch is fixable even on unhacked systems whereas the blank plot glitch just ruins a plot. You will have to update certain Edizon cheats that deal with Bell / Nook Miles modifiers, but otherwise it's the same.

BeanDomino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no downside to updating Animal Crossing to the latest patch. The "I've moved out!" glitch is fixable even on unhacked systems whereas the blank plot glitch just ruins a plot. You will have to update certain Edizon cheats that deal with Bell / Nook Miles modifiers, but otherwise it's the same.

I hadn't used any cheats so I won't have any to update. What's the most current version?

Also, do you have a suggestion for applications I could use to updates nsps? I don't know anything about it.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't used any cheats so I won't have any to update. What's the most current version?

Also, do you have a suggestion for applications I could use to updates nsps? I don't know anything about it.
If you have a second switch that connect to the internet, you can update your hacked switch with a local update... if you don't, though, there are sites where you can find updates for nsps, and you install them the same way you would install a nsp.

Weebalicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats odd. Tom Nook outright doesnt let me talk to him about Inclines and Bridges no more. Worse of all even when I force delete all bridges and inclines he still kinda pauses on me and doesn't let me do anything. Whats even more odd that even when I spawn in the marker kits for the correct thing, it still forces the last building type I attempted to build.

Does anyone know anything about this? I cant seem to revert at all, so my guess is there is more to it than just the building ID and such.

Ryan Parrott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just had a quick question about something that I encountered with NHSE.

So I used NHSE to do a few things, although what I'm having issues with is the "edit recipes" option and the "edit received items" option. I used both of these and selected the "give all" option for both, and it seemed like everything worked great. My catalog was full and I could craft anything I wanted. Cool. The problem began when I unlocked the Island Designer app. See, I unlocked this after I gave myself all of the DIY recipes and filled in my catalog. Once I unlocked the app, I went over to the Nook terminal to see if I could buy more types of paths. However, I noticed that a lot of things were absent in the terminal. For one, none of the new unlockables were there for the new app, as well as any of the hair styles and colors I didn't purchase, and all of the crafting recipes that you unlock through the terminal. So by hitting the "give all" option, I gave them to myself... except they don't show up anywhere. The new hair styles and colors do not appear when changing my look in a mirror, and the pathways or other permits do not appear when using the Island Designer app. They've seemingly disappeared.

I went back into NHSE to try and de-select these options, and hope they would return to the Nook terminal, however, I am unable to find them in the list of items. Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know where I can find them? Any and all help is appreciated :)

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just had a quick question about something that I encountered with NHSE.

So I used NHSE to do a few things, although what I'm having issues with is the "edit recipes" option and the "edit received items" option. I used both of these and selected the "give all" option for both, and it seemed like everything worked great. My catalog was full and I could craft anything I wanted. Cool. The problem began when I unlocked the Island Designer app. See, I unlocked this after I gave myself all of the DIY recipes and filled in my catalog. Once I unlocked the app, I went over to the Nook terminal to see if I could buy more types of paths. However, I noticed that a lot of things were absent in the terminal. For one, none of the new unlockables were there for the new app, as well as any of the hair styles and colors I didn't purchase, and all of the crafting recipes that you unlock through the terminal. So by hitting the "give all" option, I gave them to myself... except they don't show up anywhere. The new hair styles and colors do not appear when changing my look in a mirror, and the pathways or other permits do not appear when using the Island Designer app. They've seemingly disappeared.

I went back into NHSE to try and de-select these options, and hope they would return to the Nook terminal, however, I am unable to find them in the list of items. Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know where I can find them? Any and all help is appreciated :)
You're going to have to comb through the Flag Editor to find the items that you want to give yourself / events that may give you those unlockables and set them to 0. It's going to take a lot of trial and error. I would just restore a backup at this point, though, because the flag editor seems to be hard to work with because the names are pretty vague.

Ryan Parrott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have to comb through the Flag Editor to find the items that you want to give yourself / events that may give you those unlockables and set them to 0. It's going to take a lot of trial and error. I would just restore a backup at this point, though, because the flag editor seems to be hard to work with because the names are pretty vague.
Oh noooo... I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Well, I guess I've got some searching to do. If I figure out what the correct flags are I will edit this and let you know what I find. Thanks for the help!

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh noooo... I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Well, I guess I've got some searching to do. If I figure out what the correct flags are I will edit this and let you know what I find. Thanks for the help!
I guess I also had it backwards; if you find flags that sound like they will give you the unlockables you want and they're at 0, you'll want to set it to 1. If they're already set to 1, but you don't have anything, flip it to 0 to see if that fixes it. 0 is false, 1 is true... that's the trial and error part, unfortunately.

Ryan Parrott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I also had it backwards; if you find flags that sound like they will give you the unlockables you want and they're at 0, you'll want to set it to 1. If they're already set to 1, but you don't have anything, flip it to 0 to see if that fixes it. 0 is false, 1 is true... that's the trial and error part, unfortunately.
That's kind of what I figured. Thankfully I found them! Hairstyles are 559-561. The additional hair color is 563. Finally the terraforming unlocks are numbers 565-573. I did notice that 574 - "EquipLicenseHelmet" is the next option and is set to 0. I'm not sure what this does though, so I'm not going to touch it.

Reactions: Moke47

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of what I figured. Thankfully I found them! Hairstyles are 559-561. The additional hair color is 563. Finally the terraforming unlocks are numbers 565-573. I did notice that 574 - "EquipLicenseHelmet" is the next option and is set to 0. I'm not sure what this does though, so I'm not going to touch it.
I think that's the flag that's set when you're in the process of terraforming, so it would naturally just be 0 when you first start up the game because you're not using the Island Designer app.

I'm glad it didn't take long to fix though :)

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change the Nickname a villager call you? I see that you can change their catchphrase with NHSE.

Every now and then your villagers will ask if they should change their catch phrase up. Honestly, it's not common but is possible. Some villagers catch phrases can't be changed iirc. I'm sure you can force a change with the save editor but it won't ever happen naturally.

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Helo, I have a question and I hope someone can help me.

I have a Switch that has not been tempered with now it is not patched so I can run homebrew on it.
I wanted to do this and get myself into animal crossing cheats/save editing. Now the question I have is about save editing.

I know you can get banned for tempering with the switch but I also know you can make a seperate partition on a sd card that if you get banned not your switch gets banned but like a image of the switch that is on that sd card.

However all I want to do is save edit animal crossing just once, give myself the recipes/items and some bells/nook miles that I want and then just make the homebrew undone. However here comes my question:

Does the save edit I do save to the homebrew version of that imaged switch? Meaning if I make the homebrew undone by a restart will I then not have the edited save file anymore? Will I lose all save edited stuff?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there a way in ACSE where we can edit such that the villager is in the phase of considering to move out?

I think you can just go to isabelle and say you have a problem with a villager they then reset they're clothing and I also think catchphrase.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please tell me why I can't set the default for cheats to be off? I've edited the system_settings ini file already to this:

dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

I've got the file in both config and config_templates folders but it doesn't seem to have any effect. When I start the game all cheats are still automatically turned on. It's a bit annoying and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Unless I'm reading it wrong - the ! means "not" as in the opposite of what it is set to.

In that case NOT False (0) means true (1) so enable cheats. See if setting it to 0x1 makes a difference.

Devlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me I used the second code.

Open up in-game chat and type in the item hex ID.
Then while on the chat screen
press ZR + D-pad Right just spawn that item into your slot 1. (You don't have to send the chat message just type it in)

Same way for the modifier.

Only this time bring up the chat and type in a number between 0 and 5 (for example) only that one digit then press ZR + D-pad Left

To customize the item that is in slot one of your inventory to the colour of the number you set.

I open the chat, type the code in - press ZR + dpad right.. nothing spawns in item slot one :/ im so confused!

jpark1025

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some preliminary audio discoveries I've made...

OST Files (songs) are located in `romfs:/Sound/Resource/Stream` and are in Nintendo's new-ish standard `DSP 4-bit ADPCM` codec, in a `bwav` container.

- These can be decoded/played/converted to standard formats in VGMStream
- These cannot be *en*coded with any standard software I've found (but I have found a way! writeup soon when I do some more testing)
- It doesn't seem like you have to worry about encoding to the proper bitrate. The bitrate is dictated by either the codec or the container. It looks like the formula for bitrate is `x * 219` where `x = # of audio channels`

In terms of in the context of AC:NH specifically....

- The `live` versions of the songs (KK Slider), they are single-channel (219 kb/s)
- New OST songs are dual-channel (438 kb/s)

Sound effects are tricker at the moment; they are packed into `.bars` archives in `romfs:/Sound/`
At the moment there is no clear way to extract what I assume to be more `.bwav` files from the archives.

To be clear, at the moment I have a method for converting arbitrary files into `.bwav` but I can't get the metadata right at the moment and I don't know if they work on the actual game, as I don't have my console accessible at the moment. But this is what I know so far.

Did you ever end up figuring this out?

I'm making an AC radio station that plays music in real-time, but there are some sounds I need that are not included in OST files from Ron dumps.

Specifically I'm looking for the speech that plays on the portable radio between songs.

Please let me know if you figure out a way to rip the additional sound files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol