ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

NotAGrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't even open Animal Crossing once I make the titleid/build id folders in Atmosphere/Contents for Edizon. Really confused here. Using overlay but I can't even run the game like I said.
Edit: Nevermind somehow got it working...I disabled SaltyNX from running (wasn't aware it was) and got it running.

Last edited by NotAGrey,

DesuIsSparta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish that this would have been kept as a discovery thread instead of a troubleshooting one.

I'm abandoning this thread in favor of a discord server (i'll create one) because it's turned into troubleshooting hell for all of the kids just trying to get infinite bells and miles.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish that this would have been kept as a discovery thread instead of a troubleshooting one.
We're trying which is why no one's really going through any steps. If people have issues actually using a cheat or with homebrew crashing when attempting to use it, they should ask in the respective threads or discord channels for that homebrew, not on the thread about game cheat discoveries.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm abandoning this thread in favor of a discord server (i'll create one) because it's turned into troubleshooting hell for all of the kids just trying to get infinite bells and miles.
pm me an invite if you want, im working on getting all of the 3D models categorized and exported. I'll contribute what I can.
We're trying which is why no one's really going through any steps. If people have issues actually using a cheat or with homebrew crashing when attempting to use it, they should ask in the respective threads or discord channels for that homebrew, not on the thread about game cheat discoveries.
yeah. admittedly I was having issues extracting the game at first (page 2) but I got it solved quickly and now I can use the fix I found to contribute.

Pokket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't even open Animal Crossing once I make the titleid/build id folders in Atmosphere/Contents for Edizon. Really confused here. Using overlay but I can't even run the game like I said.

You may have added an incorrect file or typo. I'd suggest removing the titleid/buildid in Atmosphere/Contents, making sure the game works, then double checking.

In other news, the EdiZon Overlay (which I'd never heard of until a few minutes ago), works perfectly for me. At least, the cheat list is up. I'll test them momentarily. You can find it here; https://gbatemp.net/threads/tesla-the-nintendo-switch-overlay-menu.557362/ - just follow the instructions, download the EdiZon Overlay, make sure your cheats are in the correct location (Atmosphere/Contents/titleid/cheats/buildid) and you're good to go!

You do you, honey boo-boo. If you're that fed up of it, then too bad. Unfortunately, this is the best place for people to troubleshoot, especially when you have plenty of more experienced users who could easily take a minute or two of their time to help someone out, instead of winging about others.

Reactions: blancomex

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately, this is the best place for people to troubleshoot, especially when you have plenty of more experienced users who could easily take a minute or two of their time to help someone out, instead of winging about others.
Then make a troubleshooting topic. Why canniballize a discovery and reverse engineering thread with skiddies asking for cheats?
This is all I'll say on the matter here as I don't want to start a flame war. But we have thread topics for a reason.

Reactions: NightTimeNoctis

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the right path is /atmosphere/titles/01006f8002326000/Cheats/7fc1baff976aeca4.txt
right ?
sorry never used cheat and edizon overlays give me No cheats loaded

Pokket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the right path is /atmosphere/titles/01006f8002326000/Cheats/7fc1baff976aeca4.txt
right ?
sorry never used cheat and edizon overlays give me No cheats loaded

Replace /titles/ with /content/

Then make a troubleshooting topic. Why canniballize a discovery and reverse engineering thread with skiddies asking for cheats?
This is all I'll say on the matter here as I don't want to start a flame war. But we have thread topics for a reason.

I mean, you're discussing the cheats and codes here, discovery or otherwise. If you don't want to respond to them, that's your perogative. Don't get mad at people asking for help though. It's all on-topic, given it's responses to your discoveries.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing the 91 codes! I was planning on checking there myself after work. I'm basically set now I guess haha. Bells and Miles are the biggest thing. The only thing I can think of now would be infinite items and some time fuckery.

Reactions: Frexxos and Pokket

alxrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing the 91 codes! I was planning on checking there myself after work. I'm basically set now I guess haha. Bells and Miles are the biggest thing. The only thing I can think of now would be infinite items and some time fuckery.

Ok, so my daughter started the game and it was snowing. I checked the system time and she was 1/1/2019. I manually changed it to 3/18/2020. Nothing happened. That seemed normal. I then saved the game, closed it out and then reopened it. It was today's date and her animals were pissed she was gone for 1 year 2 months. lol

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason AC doesnt show on my SXOS Checkpoint nor on JKSAV. I updated JKSAV and AC shows, but nothing works when selected. Am I doing something wrong?

DesuIsSparta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. I updated JKSAV and AC shows, but nothing works when selected. Am I doing something wrong?

What do you mean 'selected'?

To create a backup, you save your game in AC, go to JKSV, go to dev. sv > animal crossing new horizons then click 'new'. name your backup. Then you're done; the files are on the SD card.

crashboii4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need some help. I have to craft a bridge where I need some Log Stake. I can't find any log stake and don't have the recipe for it. Bought all the recipes tho

Reactions: Emj117

alxrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean 'selected'?

To create a backup, you save your game in AC, go to JKSV, go to dev. sv > animal crossing new horizons then click 'new'. name your backup. Then you're done; the files are on the SD card.

Mine wont work either. I see the save, I click "A" on New and it just sits there. Does not write the file to the SD card. It does create a folder for the game in the directories, but it will not populate the directory with a save file. It is just empty.

Last edited by alxrite,

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine wont work either. I see the save, I click "A" on New and it just sits there. Does not write the file to the SD card. It does create a folder for the game in the directories, but it will not populate the directory with a save file. It is just empty.
Hold L or R while selecting new. The keyboard probably doesn't have enough RAM to open. You can rename the folder over FTP if you need custom names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol