ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can give me the code for Cherry-blossom branches DIY ? Not working from that Code Generator :(
If you mean my code generator, what was the output you got? You should get the data from the DIY Recipe IDs, and input like so:

upload_2020-4-7_17-50-42.png

...which generates:

Code:
[Slot 20 16A2 x2]
08100000 AC3B9158 000001A1 000016A2

DIY Recipes will always be 16A2, and you put the recipe ID as custom data to control what the recipe is for -- they have their own IDs. I moved the link to that file next to the custom input on my generator to reflect this, and added a "DIY = 16a2" note to the Item ID.

Last edited by Mopquill,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently no way to force boxes yet. But technically yes
Yes there is, posted a while back. Involves exporting the villager data with the save editor, patching it with a patch file, then re-importing it.

It's definitely right that 20000000 ends a conditional block, and the 8XXXXXXX starts a conditional block activated by keypress. It's possible to chain keypress conditionals in the same cheat, but why would you? In any case, the cheat files are limited to 100 code bytes, so you're probably just hitting the ceiling. Here's the documentation: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/cheats.md
Cheat files are limited to 1024 code bytes, not 100.

Yeah I think this is correct, it's running out of bytes at 700 lines of code...

Conditional stack so I don't have to scroll through the nav menu for so long.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get all the cheats I use onto one cheat file so I don't have to continuously restart my game.
You could combine some of your cheats. Instead of doing two 4 byte writes for each item (6 code bytes) you could do one 8 byte write (4 code bytes). Would shrink your code byte amount by 33%.

defelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you mean my code generator, what was the output you got? You should get the data from the DIY Recipe IDs, and input like so:

View attachment 203067

...which generates:

Code:
[Slot 20 16A2 x2]
08100000 AC3B9158 000001A1 000016A2

DIY Recipes will always be 16A2, and you put the recipe ID as custom data to control what the recipe is for -- they have their own IDs. I moved the link to that file next to the custom input on my generator to reflect this, and added a "DIY = 16a2" note to the Item ID.

Wow. It's clearly now. Thank very much @Mopquill . Unfortunately, 1A1 isn't code for Cherry-blossom branches DIY :(

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give me an example of this? I'll give it a shot... Also, if the quantity is 1 do I need the second line of code? I would think if it wasn't injected with a second line it would default to 1. I could use that to cut down nearly half
Taking just the first set of codes from your first Custom code:

Code:
04100000 AC3B90C0 00001BDF
04100000 AC3B90C4 00000000
...becomes:
Code:
08100000 AC3B90C0 00000000 00001BDF
By increasing the byte size 4 -> 8, the next value gets carried up above it.

A way to increase the allowed byte size would be cool also lol
To my knowledge, that is not possible, but I'll let AnalogMan answer, as he clearly knows more about this than I do.

Wow. It's clearly now. Thank very much @Mopquill . Unfortunately, 1A1 isn't code for Cherry-blossom branches DIY :(
According to this, it is, but I guess that's wrong? Does anyone have a more up-to-date/correct pastebin for DIY values?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, it will default to 1, and you'll save the most space that way for things that don't need value/customization/durability. I missed the question about that, apologies.

Reactions: Emj117

DrEinyel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey guys. Incredible work your doing, congrats.

I just wish there were an easy way to change the houses of the new (edited) villagers

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Incredible work your doing, congrats.

I just wish there were an easy way to change the houses of the new (edited) villagers
Have you tried moving their house via resident services? I don't know if that would do it, but my guess is that it would.

DrEinyel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Have you tried moving their house via resident services? I don't know if that would do it, but my guess is that it would.

I don't think so. If this would work, OP would mention it. This far the only way is doing some weird stuff about clearing 1 spot, trying to find a new villager via Nook milles or Amiibos, and then edit the villager while he is traveling to your island. But it sounds a lil hard. It would be great if we could edit the House Style of the villagers

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give me an example of this? I'll give it a shot... Also, if the quantity is 1 do I need the second line of code? I would think if it wasn't injected with a second line it would default to 1. I could use that to cut down nearly half

A way to increase the allowed byte size would be cool also lol
Villager moving: https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-...-bugs-etc-thread.560199/page-116#post-9001556

Code bytes: An empty item slot is written as FF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 in the save file. Assuming an empty slot that you overwrite, then the quantity would be 00 00 00 00 which equates to 1. So it would be safe to skip the quantity lines. HOWEVER, if you're overwriting an item that exists, then it would "inherit" whatever value was previously there. If it was a stackable item, that'd be the quantity. But if it was a tool or clothing or furniture it'd inherit the durability or variant value which would likely mess up the item you're overwriting with. So as long as the slot is empty or another quantity based item, you'd be fine. Just be careful.

As for increasing the amount of code bytes, SciresM says he won't since it would consume more memory and there's already not a whole lot of that going around for other stuff.

jfmherokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future I think we would a special saltynx plugin thing for ACNH if somone would take it upon themselves to replace a huge number of the models. (might also be a good idea to maybe decrease load times). basicly compress some of the models into yaz0 archives (with compression 0).

lennurs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried searching in the search bar but couldnt find any results. when changing the color of a furniture item in the NHSE do you use uses,count, or flag0/1?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried searching in the search bar but couldnt find any results. when changing the color of a furniture item in the NHSE do you use uses,count, or flag0/1?
The count.
In addition, if a furniture item has two "colors" or similar that you can customize, they go next to each other. e.g. to set the first setting to its second option, and the second setting to its third, it would be 21 -- each is minus one since "0" counts as the first one, 1 is picking the second value for the first setting, so it's "first" from the right -- I believe this is how it works, but experiment.

lennurs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition, if a furniture item has two "colors" or similar that you can customize, they go next to each other. e.g. to set the first setting to its second option, and the second setting to its third, it would be 21 -- each is minus one since "0" counts as the first one, 1 is picking the second value for the first setting, so it's "first" from the right -- I believe this is how it works, but experiment.
you just confused the hell out of me...what? i changed the count to 1 and 2 and it still worked. gave me 3 different colors since i used 0, 1, 2

alxrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried some things, but I am not up to speed like a lot of others here. I am trying to make the code drop 9 of an item at one time, if this can even be done.

So you lay down an item in slot 1 and it will drop 9 items, 1 each all around you.

Is this even possible? I would like to know so I can stop trying to figure it out if it is not. lol

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum