Hacking Animal Crossing freezes with cios rev10

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know most of the freezing I was experiencing was *not* due to timeout because of drive suspension. Often times it would freeze moments after a loading screen.

I should have mentioned in my post that the only software I had been using was waninkoko's apps.. that is to say that I only used cios 9, upgraded to 10 when he fixed it, and had only used executables that have been released by him officially. So that's 249 and 250 I had installed. When that didn't work, I tried the 222 route.
After IOS222 and yal (shizza's date fixed update to yal) had still been crashing on me even after a fresh partitioning and formatting, I decided to try something different.

I made NO changes to the NAND. All I did was change the executable. The build I tried was labeled Ultimate v.7.2, and guess what? Animal Crossing has been working perfectly. After four days of using it, it only froze on me once playing madworld.

So, even though all those modified builds are based on waninkoko's code, they seem to have "fixed" something that still exists in the official .dol's, as well as yal.
I don't know if the ultimate build is made to use another IOS than newer official waninkoko executables, but I'm pretty sure I remember *all* of waninkoko's releases crashing on me, even before the release of cios10.

Herme's modification to cIOS222 probably fixes this freezing as well as timeout issues, but I haven't installed it yet.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Another problem I had with AC:
I can't leave my town (with rev9). The game keeps saving at the checkpoint forever, until Resetti aborts it and sends me back to the Wii Menu with a WFC error message (no code).
While I was using the disc-based loader, everything worked fine.

geocool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sk0ld said:
I know most of the freezing I was experiencing was *not* due to timeout because of drive suspension. Often times it would freeze moments after a loading screen.

I should have mentioned in my post that the only software I had been using was waninkoko's apps.. that is to say that I only used cios 9, upgraded to 10 when he fixed it, and had only used executables that have been released by him officially. So that's 249 and 250 I had installed. When that didn't work, I tried the 222 route.
After IOS222 and yal (shizza's date fixed update to yal) had still been crashing on me even after a fresh partitioning and formatting, I decided to try something different.

I made NO changes to the NAND. All I did was change the executable. The build I tried was labeled Ultimate v.7.2, and guess what? Animal Crossing has been working perfectly. After four days of using it, it only froze on me once playing madworld.

So, even though all those modified builds are based on waninkoko's code, they seem to have "fixed" something that still exists in the official .dol's, as well as yal.
I don't know if the ultimate build is made to use another IOS than newer official waninkoko executables, but I'm pretty sure I remember *all* of waninkoko's releases crashing on me, even before the release of cios10.

Herme's modification to cIOS222 probably fixes this freezing as well as timeout issues, but I haven't installed it yet.

I Tried it on Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 but it steel freezes...

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld said:

Didn't some of the older Ultimate releases have 1.1 based builds? Maybe you are using that?

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always the possibility some of you are experiencing freezing due to corruption, especially when you can predict the crash. Formatting your media would be the first thing to try. Once you've made sure that isn't the problem, try an alternative launching method. I can only tell you what has definitively worked for me, and that it could very well be the .dol you're using that's causing your crashes as well. Also as I've said, Hermes new cIOS222 could prove to be useful for problematic usb devices. If ultimate were to crash on me again, I'll be trying that.
http://mods.elotrolado.net/%7Ehermes/wii/uloader_v1.4B.rar

hdhacker said:
Didn't some of the older Ultimate releases have 1.1 based builds? Maybe you are using that?QUOTE(sk0ld @ Apr 26 2009, 10:48 PM) I don't know if the ultimate build is made to use another IOS than newer official waninkoko executables, but I'm pretty sure I remember *all* of waninkoko's releases crashing on me, even before the release of cios10.
After a little test with AC today, drive suspension doesn't seem to be an issue with my hardware either.

Btw, this thread doesn't really seem to be getting the attention it deserves.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150620

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I´m using CIOS rev11 from softmii pack and game still freezes. I've noticed it happens after I turn WIICONNECT24 on. not sure, though.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
READ BEFORE POSTING!

Thats why GBATemp has a Wiki for everything.

The solution to your problem is to turn WiiConnect24 OFF.

It was posted at the USB Compatibility list time ago.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WaRMarinE said:
This is a workaround... but not an unacceptable solution.
I rolled back from rev10 to rev9 and have been playing for 3 weeks now (0 crashes)... WITH WiiConnect24 ON (and playing online)!

This is something that people keep writing off as a glitch/compatibility issue with the game... when in fact it appears to be with the cIOS itself.

(If someone has a "Wii for Dummies", I would gladly learn a new coding language and help out )

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twig123 said:
WaRMarinE said:
This is a workaround... but not an unacceptable solution.
I rolled back from rev10 to rev9 and have been playing for 3 weeks now (0 crashes)... WITH WiiConnect24 ON (and playing online)!

This is something that people keep writing off as a glitch/compatibility issue with the game... when in fact it appears to be with the cIOS itself.

(If someone has a "Wii for Dummies", I would gladly learn a new coding language and help out )

I too rolled back to rev9 and have experienced no crashes yet. Rev10 crashes at random intervals. So I know this is not a harddrive sleep issue (which I thought it was but had crashes 5 mins into a game with rev9 so I knew my HDD wasn't sleeping). The only thing with rev9 is that game covers won't work. oh well win some lose some.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated from rev9 to rev 13b... and guess what?! AC randomly crashes again...
Besides game pictures... what is different between rev9 and rev10+ through rev13b??

I understand the crashes are likely because WiiConnect24 is enabled, but why has this not been addressed in any of the 4 newer revisions? WiiConnect24 is a big thing and will likely cause issues with other games that use this feature as well...

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since waninkoko incorporated Hermes driver work in the later revisions of his cIOS, I've been using Hermes modification of yal loading 13b 249. It's fast, and it has never crashed, but I don't have WC24 enabled.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk0ld said:
Herme's modification to cIOS222 probably fixes this freezing as well as timeout issues
This is going to sound stupid, but I'm going to ask anyways... How do you install cIOS222?

I grabbed a copy from the USB Loader GX homepage (http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads), but I guess I dont get what I am supposed to select. I have already installed Wanin's cIOS rev13b... so I got confused when I started the installer and it didn't give me a choice of installing to 222/223. I said what the hay & selected 249. I get prompted to install default or some other options like to merge IOS's and such....
wacko.gif

I haven't kept current on the non-Wanin stuff... can you point me in the right direction so that I can test this as well?

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...-idioma_1217626
http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v2.2.rar
This is where you'll find updates from Hermes, the latest uLoader, and installer of his update to cIOS222. I have not used the newest installer as it's still the same cIOS since 1.6, but I know you can now select which IOS to use to install 222/223, which is what you saw. Just use the default selection for installing to 222.

As I said in my previous post though, all of Hermes work has now been integrated into waninkoko's cIOS, except for apparently, the drive sleep issue. So you have to take that into consideration as well as the games you want to play, your usb hardware, etc. and decide if you even need to install any more cIOSs. Whether Hermes cIOS corrects any issues with WC24, I can't say.

I should mention that if you do install Hermes newer 222, yal will fail as the cIOS no longer has the ehcmodule or dip_plugin. In this case, you'll have to either reinstall kwiirk's 222, or use Hermes modification of yal to use IOS249, which is what I do.
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_yal-juegos-...channel_1213714

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.