Hacking Animal Crossing City Folk on backup loader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
I also got this earlier at a very decent speed. I was surprised at the size cause when you unpack up, it's over 4Gb. Surprisingly it works perfectly. So it begs the question, why are all iso's not packed like this making the file so much smaller and easier to get a hold of. Especially with download limits by my stupid internet provider.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@zerof

I know what scrubbing does but this is still a 4.38GB game once unpacked. It's obviously just packed properly making the archived file much smaller. It's not like it's had so much removed making the actual iso only 450MB or something. The game is regular size but was just a tiny RAR size and easy to download.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
I also got this earlier at a very decent speed. I was surprised at the size cause when you unpack up, it's over 4Gb. Surprisingly it works perfectly. So it begs the question, why are all iso's not packed like this making the file so much smaller and easier to get a hold of. Especially with download limits by my stupid internet provider.

I asked that question almost a month ago, especially since my ISP sucks hiney. Anywho the file works and I'm having a blast with Animal Crossing. Heck, I even wrote a MySpace blog and changed my wii background on MySpace to an Animal Crossing one, just to celebrate this day!!!

idunnoilikends

Trophies
Website
www.swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
took me four hours
biggrin.gif

yay dsl

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cdreams said:
@zerof

I know what scrubbing does but this is still a 4.38GB game once unpacked. It's obviously just packed properly making the archived file much smaller. It's not like it's had so much removed making the actual iso only 450MB or something. The game is regular size but was just a tiny RAR size and easy to download.

its 453mb unpacked

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
For PAL users, you'll have to use GeckoOS or something too, since the menu will see it, but if you boot it, you'll get a black screen.

Or at least I got that. So it's an issue, since my GeckoOS tells the Wii it's January 2000. And obviously AC needs the proper date.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
A scrubbed iso has certain information (that is used to check if the data on the disc is in its entirety) pretty much removed, but not quite. Well, to put it blunty, it makes those parts compress better with formats like .rar and stuff.

RAR and unscrubbed ISO, you don't get much smaller

RAR a scrubbed one, you get 453 mb animal crossing.

basketballguy743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
yep i''m downloading the same file at 2000 kbps shouldn't be long couple more minutes lol
ive never played this series before.... any good?

okay, WTF

2000 kbps? like seriously?

how the hell do you get such a high number. the highest number ive EVER gotten is 160 kbps. im guessing my router just sucks some cock but idk lol

phertiker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basketballguy743 said:
okay, WTF

how the hell do you get such a high number. the highest number ive EVER gotten is 160 kbps. im guessing my router just sucks some cock but idk lol

No, that's kilobits, you're thinking kilobytes I'm guessing. 2000 kbps is a 2 megabit internet connection or 2000 kilobits.

Jesus, did that even make sense? I'm tired.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basketballguy743 said:
djdynamite123 said:
yep i''m downloading the same file at 2000 kbps shouldn't be long couple more minutes lol
ive never played this series before.... any good?

okay, WTF

he probably subscribes to a premium downloading service instead of using torrents.

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
idunnoilikends said:
took me four hours
biggrin.gif

yay dsl
I started mine about 3h ago and it's almost finished. It's good to know someone else has DSL.

Edit: to the guy above me 2000kilobits/s = 250 kilobytes/s so it's not incredibly fast but is 5x more than mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.