Animal Crossing City Folk on 3.2/3.3 FW

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sav2880, Jan 21, 2009.

Jan 21, 2009
  1. sav2880
    OP

Newcomer sav2880 Member

United States
    This has probably been answered somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it. Thus, the question. [​IMG]

Looking to hack my Wii in the very near future ... like tomorrow ... and I see that 3.2 seems to be the magic number. I am at 3.3 right now, so that will have to be the first step I do.

After I do that however, I still want to be able to play my original Animal Crossing City Folk game. I know the Wii Speak channel requires 3.4 (if I'm wrong, please tell me), but that's not an issue for me, I merely have game.

Will the starfall utility, allowing me to skip the update check be sufficient to play this WITHOUT doing a firmware upgrade, or are there other steps that I need to do? Thanks!

2. Arek1985

Newcomer Arek1985 Advanced Member

United States
    Well wii-speak uses one of the IOS's on the AC:CF disc, so if you want to properly use wii-speak on 3.2 all you have to do is install the IOS which you can rip from the game with Wufe (wii update file extractor) I want to say it is IOS38 but I'm not 100% sure. Then you can load animal crossing from the disc channel.

Yes starfall will allow you to skip the disc update .

3. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    am running3.2e with corp installed, i've never played AC in my life, jus burned a copy then tho and it booted via disc channel and worked straight away

all i have is starfall and corpcios..

so it definatley works

4. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    There is such a lack of reading on this forum, he knows it will work, Its an original copy he needs the wii speak function of the game without 3.4 . Wiispeak works fine thru AC on 3.2

5. sav2880
    OP

Newcomer sav2880 Member

United States
    Kinda .... original game, don't need Wii Speak, just the gameplay itself, and it sounds like that'll work just fine as I dig into the actual process. Thanks!

6. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Eitherway, you really have to install IOS38 to get it working