Hacking Animal Crossing City Folk on 3.2/3.3 FW

sav2880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered somewhere but I'm having no luck finding it. Thus, the question.
rolleyes.gif

Looking to hack my Wii in the very near future ... like tomorrow ... and I see that 3.2 seems to be the magic number. I am at 3.3 right now, so that will have to be the first step I do.

After I do that however, I still want to be able to play my original Animal Crossing City Folk game. I know the Wii Speak channel requires 3.4 (if I'm wrong, please tell me), but that's not an issue for me, I merely have game.

Will the starfall utility, allowing me to skip the update check be sufficient to play this WITHOUT doing a firmware upgrade, or are there other steps that I need to do? Thanks!

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well wii-speak uses one of the IOS's on the AC:CF disc, so if you want to properly use wii-speak on 3.2 all you have to do is install the IOS which you can rip from the game with Wufe (wii update file extractor) I want to say it is IOS38 but I'm not 100% sure. Then you can load animal crossing from the disc channel.

Yes starfall will allow you to skip the disc update .

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
am running3.2e with corp installed, i've never played AC in my life, jus burned a copy then tho and it booted via disc channel and worked straight away

all i have is starfall and corpcios..

so it definatley works

There is such a lack of reading on this forum, he knows it will work, Its an original copy he needs the wii speak function of the game without 3.4 . Wiispeak works fine thru AC on 3.2

sav2880

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda .... original game, don't need Wii Speak, just the gameplay itself, and it sounds like that'll work just fine as I dig into the actual process. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2