Gaming Animal Crossing City Folk - Game Freezes

Nihilius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a problem with Animal Crossing City Folk. The game freezes randomly approximately once in an hour. Problem occurs often when I catch a fish and my character is holding the fish. Text box doesn't show and music keeps playing but since game doesn't respond to any controls I ultimately have to force shutdown my console.

I started to play this game again lately. Last time I played the game about two yours ago and didn't have this problem. I remember I had a problem where game froze completely in a few minutes of playtime and buzzing noise was playing. This problem was solved by turning WiiConnect off. Turning WiiConnect off doesn't seem to solve most recent problem however.

This is really annoying problem as you never know when the game is going to freeze. I have to keeps saving constantly which becomes a chore in a while.

I'm running the game from HDD with USB Loader GX. Original disc works fine so I'm guessing it has something to do with loader or softmod settings.

Since last time I've played the game I have updated USB Loader GX and cIOS to most recent versions. I thought about downgrading but I would first like to know if it makes any difference and if it does, to what version I should downgrade to?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
have original disc here. made a backup of it
using cfg usb loader, no problems at all.

did you tried using a iso you didn't make?

make sure your iso is not bad.. try using clean rip or other...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio