Animal Crossing City Folk connect problem error code 20102

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Neku_Sakuraba, May 20, 2009.

1. Neku_Sakuraba
    OP

Member Neku_Sakuraba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried connecting to a friend with my animal crossing city folk and when i found my friend tried to connect but then gave me error code 20102. Is there a solution for this? Iwould really like that i be helped. Thanks!

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are you playing via a USB loader? With older revs of GX (and this may still be the case with GX, and possibly other loaders, as I haven't checked), if the loader initializes the wifi to download covers, and then you try to play a game online, you'll get an error. So perhaps just try restarting the loader and going directly to Animal Crossing w/o doing anything w/ the loader first.

3. Neku_Sakuraba
    OP

United States
    Its a actual game and every time i load wi-fi to connect, then i trie to connect to my friend and i get error code 20102 and i kow that means there not leting me to the wifi cause i was cheatting but i wasn't cheating! [​IMG]

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
  5. imapterodactyl

United States
    Oh, well then that's different. I think Troy the Zombie's solution (posted above) might help you.

I really find it odd that Nintendo will ban people for hacking/cheating, and not outright inform them of that fact, and instead you're just stuck with a random error code. I'm not saying that they don't do it, but how...... rude.

6. Neku_Sakuraba
    OP

United States
    But i think there is another problem! I think there baning people who own the HBC also. So HBC user and hackers get no Wi-Fi! There has got to be something there doing is not right! I OWN THE WII AND I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO DO WITH IT! [​IMG]

7. games2007

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Error code 20102
    It's because the world's going to end in 2012

8. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    lol. HBC users are definitely not banned, otherwise we'd hear ALOT more complaints.

9. neoviktor

Newcomer neoviktor Member

Brazil
    And Nintendo owns the wi-fi service AND CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT TO DO WITH IT!!

I'm too think is bullshit to ban HBC people, but most of people use HBC to pirate the easy way is ban everyone with HBC.

But until now I've never see a ban of people with HBC, only mario kart cheaters.
    So try the Troy the Zombie's solution, let's wait for more people confirm this.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Edit: Forget the quote...

10. imapterodactyl

United States
    This is definitely not true. I'm online constantly, in several games, and I've never been blocked. As TroyTheZombie said, if that was the case, this whole forum would be overrun with complaints (nevermind the legal headaches that would be involved). Nintendo is not banning homebrew users, that's just a silly rumor that's hit the bigtime.

Also, a little tangent: I'm really sick of people complaining about what a greedy, rotten company Nintendo is... it's just silly. They have always, and continue to, have some of the best customer service/relations in the business, and I don't see that changing. But keep in mind, the word is BUSINESS.... it's all about money. If you brick your Wii with homebrew, and send it to Nintendo, of COURSE they're going to charge you to fix it FFS!! To TC: I know you didn't say that, but you're "whatever the fuck I want" comment made me think of it. I'm feeling a little ADD today.

11. Neku_Sakuraba
    OP

United States
    So i just call them. I now understand that nintendo services the Wi-FI and they are the ones who make the descion so i'll just call them to fix it thanks. [​IMG]