Originality

Chibi-neko
OP
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I encountered a strange bug(?) last night. Whilst playing Disgaea 3, I plugged my HTC Desire HD into my PS3 to let it charge. A second later, the phone completely crashes.

Lesson learned - don't use the PS3 to charge your phone. Out of curiosity though, has this ever happened to anybody else, or is it just me?

FYI, PS3 running kmeaw's CFW 3.55, and Desire HD on stock 2.2.1.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well I never heard of anything similar before but my guess is that's because sony blocked most devices from using the usb in the newer firmwares and considering the desire was one the devises that can load your console into debug mode it is probably blocked.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony must have a grudge against android.
Maybe it thought it was an unsafe device that can give your PS3 a virus or some shit.
My bet is that your phone tried to enter usb mode and couldn't connect (didn't recognise the PS3) so it powered off, on purpose or otherwise.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeadLocked said:
Sony must have a grudge against android.
Ironic if they want to release PlayStation Suite on it.
unsure.gif

Have you been able to reproduce that? If it does that even if you're not trying to do anything they'd consider untoward, you could always take your chances.
smileipb2.png
Lawsuits are the "in thing" at the moment.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
My Desire HD works fine in my mate's PS3, if you haven't already, try to plug it in as a disk drive. It should accept it then and also charge.

Originality

Chibi-neko
OP
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My G1 is unaffected, and it actually has got the jailbreak ROM (although I never used it). Just my Desire HD then that shows this weird behaviour. FYI, it crashes a second or two after plugging it in - I don't even get to the screen that asks what I want to do (charge or disk drive).

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It is probably an Android bug or a bug with that specific phone. A secure phone should be able to withstand any "attacks" via routes like USB anyway.

Originality

Chibi-neko
OP
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
By default it's set to "Charge only" - which is what I wanted to do. Anyway, for experimentation's sake, I tried switching to "Disk drive" in settings, plugged it in, and it resulted in another one-second crash. The PS3 didn't even notice it was plugged in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1