Hacking Android on Wii U?

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have a good phone for those emulators such as an iPhone 5. I had an android phone that was very low in terms of specs and it was capable of running many heavy ds, n64, and ps1 games at good speed. Imagine an android phone such as a galaxy s3-4-5. Also I don't like retroarch, in my opinion I prefer separate emulators as they seem more stable and suitable to me.

oh haha well i usually play DS on my macbook cause its 100% and mainly cause the big screen ^^

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In iOS' defense, at the very least it uses (for the most part) Objective-C for development which is heaps and bounds better than going through Google's idiotic Virtual Machine setup which serves nothing other than wasting everybody's time. God, I hate coding in Java and it's just impossible to avoid on Android, even when you're using NDK to compile native binaries instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
to be honest i don't understand any of that XD
Apple releases handsets with the expressed intent of releasing newer, better handsets in the nearby future (often times they're already designing them anyways) instead of using cream of the crop technology - that's what planned obsolescence means. They're also overcharging their customers for the hardware. It's high quality hardware though, so hey - a matter of preference. :)

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple releases handsets with the expressed intent of releasing newer, better handsets in the nearby future (often times they're already designing them anyways) instead of using cream of the crop technology - that's what planned obsolescence means. They're also overcharging their customers for the hardware. It's high quality hardware though, so hey - a matter of preference. :)

lol i like how we all went completely of topic XDDD thats y i love the forums cause u learn a lot of stuff from them and they can be a little entertaining at times

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nothing to do with the answer u gave but do you know y my thread was removed? about the wiiu dev kits

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nothing to do with the answer u gave but do you know y my thread was removed? about the wiiu dev kits
I only removed the magnet link because I believe it violated the rules - I left the password for the package there as it doesn't break the rules board. Any further moderation was not done by myself so I don't know the whodunit, but you'll get a PM with details about the removal soon.

Ryanrocks462

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only removed the magnet link because I believe it violated the rules - I left the password for the package there as it doesn't break the rules board. Any further moderation was not done by myself so I don't know the whodunit, but you'll get a PM with details about the removal soon.

ok and ya i noticed it wasn't you i was just wondering lol ur the awesome one ^^

Reactions: Foxi4

ExpandDong

Trophies
XP
Country
I basically just registered for this thread, but have been reading this site for a good while now (so not completely clueless about how things are done around here).

Gonna get to the point rather quickly; porting Android to things (and to a lesser extent, writing drivers etc for the kernel) is a favorite hobby of mine and as such, when this becomes possible I will look into it. I do realize that Android in itself won't really be useful, like, at all, due to the WiiU not being an ARM-device, but it'll be a "fun" experience (in a very masochistic way, as usual for my hobby projects). Kernel stuff, if any, could potentially be useful though.

I have no previous porting projects I'm comfortable sharing in order to remain somewhat incognito, but I do have some experience. I'll keep an eye on the scene and start poking around with PPC things (mainly *sudder* Assembler) pretty soon.

Please forgive any incoherence, it's 4am here.
ExpandDong away!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryan, you can't talk about that kind of stuff in public forum.

The work we do here is all legal reverse engineering of the system.

We do it because we like solving big puzzles and we feel it is our right of freedom to run our own code on the hardware we own.

No code that is copyrighted is used in anyway and we do not condone piracy.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E