Android Android internet question

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so if i use an android phone running os 2.2 and use it as a wireless access point using connectify, (im with optus on a unlimited mobile data plan) can i connect my 3ds to it and have unlimited internet?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your 3DS can access it, some devices do not connect. I have a HTC running a Wifi program, and my iPAD connects, as does my WII, but the Ps3 does not.

Wynd

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it let you choose what kind of access point you're setting up? If it's something simple like WEP or an unprotected connection it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've noticed that whilst anything can connect to my HTC Desire HD, it's an entirely different story on my dad's HTC Wildfire. The quality of the wifi adaptor inside the phone (and in the connecting devices) probably also determines how successfully the wifi hotspot will work.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connectify Website said:
Connectify for Android (currently in Private Beta) allows you to create and monitor a secure Wi-Fi hotspot and share your phone or tablet's 3G or 4G connection with friends, co-workers, and other devices.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need need to check if your device and that software support ad-hoc, infrastructure, or both.

A DS cannot connect to an ad-hoc device and requires an infrastructure connection.

Even if it wil connect this does not guarantee it will be useful for gaming. Wireless data connections can vary greatly depending on location and provider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf