OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

QUOTE said:
Okay, folks, you know the drill: here lies new hardware, may we see it hacked to run unintended software. Today's contestant is Pandora, once thought to be relegated to the realm of vaporware and now in full production. One of the lucky, open source-friendly buyers decided that the native Linux distribution was just not for his liking, and instead opted for Google's little green man mobile OS. Touchscreen support isn't there yet, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Video of Android on Pandora after the break. Now we wait until the time we can gleefully say "Pandora (the app) on Android on Pandora" while we listen to some rocking streamed tunes.

Sauce

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"once thought to be relegated to the realm of vaporware" - It's still vaporware as none of the people who pre-ordered it has received theirs yet.

And it most definitely is not in mass-production yet. They're still where they were when they first started taking pre-orders ie the stage where they keep saying that this and that needs to be fixed before it'll be done. Not to mention that this farce has going on for over 2 years now and it still doesn't appear to be nowhere close to being done.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Minox_IX said:
"once thought to be relegated to the realm of vaporware" - It's still vaporware as none of the people who pre-ordered it has received theirs yet.
True, although it's sort of/sort of not vapourware, as we actually know it exists in some form.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ProtoKun7 said:
Minox_IX said:
True, although it's sort of/sort of not vapourware, as we actually know it exists in some form.

Duke Nukem Forever also existed in some form...
biggrin.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Raki said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Minox_IX said:

biggrin.gif
Was it physically seen running? If so, then I guess my post's kinda...moot
rolleyes.gif

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ProtoKun7 said:
Raki said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Minox_IX said:

biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

I guess it ran...may it just be as a stickman game!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ProtoKun7 said:
Raki said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Minox_IX said:

biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares?

Pandora is a scam and a joke. There should be a ban on posting Pandora news. The developers are absolutely full of shit.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SPH73 said:
Who cares?

Pandora is a scam and a joke. There should be a ban on posting Pandora news. The developers are absolutely full of shit.
I'm not ready to go call it a scam yet, because after all - I did get my money back when canceling my pre-order,

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
SPH73 said:
Who cares?

I'm not ready to go call it a scam yet, because after all - I did get my money back when canceling my pre-order,
It's definitely not a scam, they already have sample Pandoras, such as the one shown in the video (that one is a very early edition too).

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people are still waiting for this thing. It's been, what, 3 years since the original release date was given? I would've thought that people would forget about it by now.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't understand why they put the device sideways like that.
for 1 it's sideways the wrong way, but android also has a perfectly fine landscape mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)