Homebrew Question Android for Nintendo Switch => Playing Gamecube Games => Left/Right Control Stick doesn't work

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Normally I'd agree with Techjunky90 (believe me, seeing a question that could've been avoided by reading the readme/documentation/wiki IS annoying), but in this case, the fix on XDA does not fix ZL and ZR, and the new one (not on XDA) doesn't fix the left stick being detected as a d-pad (8 directions), so there's no full fix as of now (as far as I know).

I don't see how flashing the first fix and then the second one would help, since the second one would just replace the first one.

Last edited by nastys,

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Normally I'd agree with Techjunky90 (believe me, seeing a question that could've been avoided by reading the readme/documentation/wiki IS annoying), but in this case, the fix on XDA does not fix ZL and ZR, and the new one (not on XDA) doesn't fix the left stick being detected as a d-pad (8 directions), so there's no full fix as of now (as far as I know).

I don't see how flashing the first fix and then the second one would help, since the second one would just replace the first one.

Well don't know about the ZL ZR buttons, but the second package I provided fixes the joystick issues on both GTA SA and dolphin. If anyone has this issues then it's there for the tacking.

Reactions: Arithmatics

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've managed to get my Joycons working on the Dolphin emulator through Lineage however I can't seem to get the emulation itself running full speed without audio/video stuttering..
Anyone know any optimum settings to use for it?

Reactions: Arithmatics

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Would you kindly read? Switchroot thread.

If you pull up the fps counter and a game runs 60% of its intended speed - where do you suppose the rest of the performance will come from? Settings?

Dolphin already uses jit by default. it already uses threading by default, it already uses Vulkan. No 'free' performance to be had anywhere. Even with the max performance profile - 60% of the intended speed in some games. Pal versions no less.

Last edited by notimp,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o sensitive now a days. Someone is asking for help, if you know the answer or have a comment to share which points the dude in the right direction then share it. Don't complain on people for aski

So whats the fix for the backwards camera in cars? You said you saw a youtube fix for it?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So whats the fix for the backwards camera in cars? You said you saw a youtube fix for it?
Going into the Dolphin settings and calibrating your gamepad. Most likely.

Android: Not developed for Switch Joycons
Android apps: Not developed with only switch Joycons in mind
All gamepads: Not having the same mapping
Gamepad calibration in apps: Something you have to deal with in Android.

If one gamepad (lets say Xbox gamepad) says that up is apple.
And onother one (lets say joycons) says that up is orange...

edit: Wrong interpretation. See posting below.

Last edited by notimp,

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
It's for GTA San Andreas on Android, when you get in a bike, car, etc, the camera is stuck as if you were going in reverse. Issue is with R3, package I attached on first page was the fix I used to resolve that.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like you are literally what's wrong with the world today. You're either ignorant or lazy & want people to spoon feed you. If you actually bothered to read, you would not be here creating useless threads.

Jesus Christ, you're smart! You are a tech junky, after all! But here's a big, giant secret:

NOT EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO EVERYTHING WITH EVERY DEVICE OUT THERE, ESPECIALLY DEVICES WITH PROPRIETARY CONFIGURATIONS AND HIGHLY SPECIALIZED SETUPS FOR ONE SPECIFIC SYSTEM, ESPECIALLY ON A HOMEBREW SOLUTION THAT, IN THIS DESPERATE EXPERIMENTER'S MIND, IS SO EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT, I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT OUT YET!!!

Like come on, I know this is a post at least three weeks old at this point, but do you think everyone has the time, let alone the patience, to learn how to do everything on day 1? What's next, you gonna expect your child to know the Laws of Thermodynamics upon coming out of his mother's womb?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1