Misc Android coming to Switch Mariko this year?

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently someone is working on porting Lineage 18 which is Android 11 custom ROM to Switch OLED. First post comes from December 2022 but theres another from few days ago so the devs are still working on it. It seems that they were able to run Xcloud.

Super excited for it!

It's not someone, this is the Dev (and the only one working on it)
You can support him over PayPal
https://paypal.me/makinbacon21

Btw
@binkinator
Your help is needed in switchroot discord
https://discord.com/channels/521977609182117891/604648722491768883/1092475417304256532

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230404-111241-040.png
    Screenshot_20230404-111241-040.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 119

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Actually you can build the rom on your own.
see htps://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Android/Build-11
I've already build one using docker and everything works fine on my mariko switch

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually you can build the rom on your own.
see htps://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Android/Build-11
I've already build one using docker and everything works fine on my mariko switch
can you upload your rom. i dont have a pc good enough to build my own rom or the knowhow to do it. i am new to this so if it's not possible sorry.

Reactions: AhsanMC

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
can you upload your rom. i dont have a pc good enough to build my own rom or the knowhow to do it. i am new to this so if it's not possible sorry.
here it is:
but pls remind what evil_santa says. it's just a beta build. small bugs may appear.
I've noticed one that may occurs when you trying to reboot from the android FW, ruining your device's system clock value to a distant one.

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here it is:
but pls remind what evil_santa says. it's just a beta build. small bugs may appear.
I've noticed one that may occurs when you trying to reboot from the android FW, ruining your device's system clock value to a distant one.

thanks
Post automatically merged:

here it is:

im trying to boot to the android recovery on my mariko switch but i get L4T error path missing. how do i fix this. I am doing this on a modded switch oled.

Last edited by Ledforge,

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thanks

im trying to boot to the android recovery on my mariko switch but i get L4T error path missing. how do i fix this. I am doing this on a modded switch oled.
Weird, I haven't encountered this issue. Have you ever check your hekate's version yet? You must ensure it's the latest version.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 23.08.51.png

Last edited by haren724,

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Weird, I haven't encountered this issue. Have you ever check your hekate's version yet? You must ensure it's the latest version.

View attachment 374226
i am using the latest version of hekate (6.0.4) i even tried 6.0.3 but i get the same error. even tried different sd cards. if i google the issue on google i only get ubuntu results, but ubuntu works fine on my switch.

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i am using the latest version of hekate (6.0.4) i even tried 6.0.3 but i get the same error. even tried different sd cards. if i google the issue on google i only get ubuntu results, but ubuntu works fine on my switch.
gotcha. the .ini file in bootloader/ini was wrong. correct it to:

INI:
[LineageOS 18.1]
l4t=1
boot_prefixes=switchroot/android/
id=SWANDR
icon=switchroot/android/bootlogo_android.bmp
logopath=switchroot/android/bootlogo_android.bmp
r2p_action=self
# usb3_enable=1

notice that there was a underline _ between 'boot' and 'prefixes'.

Zurtain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After these steps I get the error ""

INI:
[LineageOS 18.1]
l4t=1
id=SWANDR
r2p_action=self
# usb3_enable=1

After these steps I get the error
"kernel panic occurred!
pstore saved to L4T_panic.bin
Press any key"

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

INI:
[LineageOS 18.1]
l4t=1
id=SWANDR
r2p_action=self
# usb3_enable=1

I get the same error. Kernel panic occurred. before the error appears the hekate startlogo stays on screen for a pretty long time to.

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you don't know what to do?
i just got into the recovery. what worked for me was to flash android recovery and those other 2 files twice. after reboot kernel error again tho.

So you don't know what to do?
try holding the vol + button on the console. that gets me to the recovery. but once i try to actually install the android rom i get a kernel panic again.

Last edited by Ledforge,

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i just got into the recovery. what worked for me was to flash android recovery and those other 2 files twice. after reboot kernel error again tho.

try holding the vol + button on the console. that gets me to the recovery. but once i try to actually install the android rom i get a kernel panic again.
did you format the /system and /data in the recovery? after you first booting into recovery, a factory reset is need. or an error will append at bottom and prevents you from installing the rom.

Ledforge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you format the /system and /data in the recovery? after you first booting into recovery, a factory reset is need. or an error will append at bottom and prevents you from installing the rom.
I cant install the rom even after formatting /data and /system. the install starts but then it crashes and I get a kernel panic again. If the install doesnt crash i get an error that says E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

Last edited by Ledforge,

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Noob question here but I don't seem to find an answer.If I installed lineage on Mariko but it's a bad install sometimes it boots and it's works no bother but most of the time it gets stuck in the boot loop my question is how do I fully delete/uninstall/remove the current android I have so that I can install it again all over?

haren724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Noob question here but I don't seem to find an answer.If I installed lineage on Mariko but it's a bad install sometimes it boots and it's works no bother but most of the time it gets stuck in the boot loop my question is how do I fully delete/uninstall/remove the current android I have so that I can install it again all over?
boot into recovery (holding vol+ button) then wipe /system, /data and /cache in factory reset.

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
FR
boot into recovery (holding vol+ button) then wipe /system, /data and /cache in factory reset.
For some reason it won't let me wipe data only cache and system.When I try wipe data I get error.

What I also don't get is why sometimes it boots into lineage and works no problems but when I've to do a restart it stucks in the animation boot loop.When that happens I keep turning the console off and on and try boot into it untill it boots and works again.I also get kernel panic on boot but it doesn't happen all the times sometimes it just boots normally?

Last edited by AlicatFit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.