Not open for further replies.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, this is a proof of cockiness. Like I said, I don't plan on releasing it. And I said I might make a dev blog explaining what I had done. I don't want lawyers knocking on my door.™
Plus, I don't really want a couple lawyers knocking on my door in the morning. I am just showing that it is possible, and if someone else wants to word towards a public release, they can™
Pulling the Legal Reasons™ card I see.
Proof of cockiness. Just showing that it is possible™.
Fixed that for you :)

Last edited by Margen67,
Reactions: Games&Stuff

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see these people complaining when they told people a POC of how to do a kernel exploit but didn't give a release.
You guys need to step off with your entitlement garbage. Learn how to do it yourself if you're that mad over concepts without a release.

Very good work @sweis12

Last edited by Acryt,

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great work @sweis12 (8

I am hoping you will find someone to release it. I would like to use this app, but i dont really care.

Also for the other people here, please stop blaming him for his great work, because he dont found yet someone to release it. If you want such cool things, then dont hateshitpost here and do it yourself. Justpingo did nice work, but you were so aggressive to him

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No POC
Heres why

Video does not show anything other than him writing an NFC tag and 3ds suddenly picking it up.
Heres what we realise from the video
  1. He writes a tag and 3DS picks it up (not emulation basic tag write)
  2. He doesnt show any other tags being written.
  3. His phones underside remains hidden

What we can figure out from the video
  1. He wrote to a blank 215 nfc tag on the underside (or inside) of his phone
  2. He basically just copied http://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-amiibo-cards.406978/ and is trying to say he made it as an poc

If he had used multiple amiibos in the video then it would have been a POC until then its a glorified nfc writing app

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see these people complaining when they told people a POC of how to do a kernel exploit but didn't give a release.
You guys need to step off with your entitlement garbage. Learn how to do it yourself if you're that mad over concepts without a release.

Very good work @sweis12
I have no clue what you think you're talking about, because that's exactly what everybody did when the SALT team did just that.

Reactions: Quantumcat

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What we can figure out from the video
  1. He wrote to a blank 215 nfc tag on the underside (or inside) of his phone
  2. He basically just copied http://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-amiibo-cards.406978/ and is trying to say he made it as an poc

If he had used multiple amiibos in the video then it would have been a POC until then its a glorified nfc writing app

But then the Amiboo would've been recognized on the first try (00:30-00:35), without activating the NFC.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But then the Amiboo would've been recognized on the first try (00:30-00:35), without activating the NFC.
im saying the app on the phone was an NFC tag writer he just didnt write the tag the first time round

if its anything like the tags written that i linked once the tag is made it cannot be swapped it is locked

Reactions: oldsk00l

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just has one the amiibo AC cards taped to the back of his phone or inside the battery comparment

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you think this is fake, it shows that he has figured out a way to emulate Amiibo through an Android phone, which is great. It's not like he took his phone off camera and put it back on and it "Magically" worked. You gotta have faith in these types of things. If it's fake, it's fake. What does it benefit to you for calling the guy out since you think it's fake?

"What does it benefit to you for calling the guy out since you think it's fake?"

oh my fucking god dude someone else finally said it

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if you think this is fake, it shows that he has figured out a way to emulate Amiibo through an Android phone, which is great. It's not like he took his phone off camera and put it back on and it "Magically" worked. You gotta have faith in these types of things. If it's fake, it's fake. What does it benefit to you for calling the guy out since you think it's fake?
"What does it benefit to you for calling the guy out since you think it's fake?"

Actually theres more benefit calling it out being a fake than there is caling it real so how about you stop whiteknighting

At least we have more proof in the reason its fake than the actual video has in it being real
in which the creator is farming for attention

If you read my post I have stated clearly valid reasons why it is fake and its not like the guy has defended himself
Until he proves otherwise he clearly copied http://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-amiibo-cards.406978/
from the placement of his phone since we do not see the underside though nfc 215 tags are small enough to be hidden inside aswell.

At worst he failed to read the tag the first time and had to set down his phone again.
At best the phone wrote to a blank nfc215 tag and it read which still just copies everything from that thread. (also wrote tags cannot be rewritten as certain parts get locked)

So before you go defending a guy how about you know what you are looking at in the first place

@_Tim_ @OctopusRift Some words on this would be nice this thread is getting uselessly large

Reactions: Shadow#1

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually theres more benefit calling it out being a fake than there is caling it real so how about you stop whiteknighting

At least we have more proof in the reason its fake than the actual video has in it being real
in which the creator is farming for attention

If you read my post I have stated clearly valid reasons why it is fake and its not like the guy has defended himself
Until he proves otherwise he clearly copied http://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-amiibo-cards.406978/
from the placement of his phone since we do not see the underside though nfc 215 tags are small enough to be hidden inside aswell.

At worst he failed to read the tag the first time and had to set down his phone again.
At best the phone wrote to a blank nfc215 tag and it read which still just copies everything from that thread. (also wrote tags cannot be rewritten as certain parts get locked)

So before you go defending a guy how about you know what you are looking at in the first place

@_Tim_ @OctopusRift Some words on this would be nice this thread is getting uselessly large

Edit: I just ignored them. lol.

Last edited by DKB,

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't blame the scene if nothing new come after all your shit (see with KTM).

This guy just want to show the possibility of the thing and never speak of releasing anything.

If you want an exploit like this, just listen his tips and try by yourself, and come on, don't forget to release all your hard work after 385985 reply of mad people who say your work is shit and fake lol.

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because:
A.) That way it doesn't build up more pointless hype. (Like other projects here seem to do) Some of you seem to be falling for the hype shit already, though.
B.) On the chance it is a complete sham, and squee666 is right and he just used someone else's hard work to try and get a name for himself, he deserves it.
C.) Fraudulent work is rampant in this scene. The more people start to call out the fakes, the less likely we are to see shit like that. It stops phonies from growing their e-peen and trying to get famous, and allows the spotlight to be placed on people who actually deserve it.

Edit: I just ignored them. lol.
Wow. You are beyond childish. To steal more words from squee's post, quit being a damn whiteknight. You seem to do that in every thread where people call others out. For what reason, exactly?

I have no idea if this is real or not. I have no clue how any of this works, to be honest, so I can't really say anything about that. The evidence presented that it is fake is rather convincing, though. I don't even have an android phone, so him not releasing it doesn't affect me in any way, shape, or form. I'm just sick of this scene being filled with people who purposely advertise shit they don't plan to release just for the sake of publicity and having 15 minutes of fame, and people who lie about having shit for the exact same reason. It makes this scene look horrible and childish, and detracts from the people who actually work hard to release their work for everybody to enjoy.

Don't blame the scene if nothing new come after all your shit (see with KTM).

This guy just want to show the possibility of the thing and never speak of releasing anything.

If you want an exploit like this, just listen his tips and try by yourself, and come on, don't forget to release all your hard work after 385985 reply of mad people who say your work is shit and fake lol.

Ah, more white knights. Forget what I said about this scene looking childish. It just is, sometimes.

Last edited by The_Jesus_2.0,

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Because:
A.) That way it doesn't build up more pointless hype. (Like other projects here seem to do) Some of you seem to be falling for the hype shit already, though.
B.) On the chance it is a complete sham, and squee666 is right and he just used someone else's hard work to try and get a name for himself, he deserves it.
C.) Fraudulent work is rampant in this scene. The more people start to call out the fakes, the less likely we are to see shit like that. It stops phonies from growing their e-peen and trying to get famous, and allows the spotlight to be placed on people who actually deserve it.

Wow. You are beyond childish. To steal more words from squee's post, quit being a damn whiteknight. You seem to do that in every thread where people call others out. For what reason, exactly?

I have no idea if this is real or not. I have no clue how any of this works, to be honest, so I can't really say anything about that. The evidence presented that it is fake is rather convincing, though. I don't even have an android phone, so him not releasing it doesn't affect me in any way, shape, or form. I'm just sick of this scene being filled with people who purposely advertise shit they don't plan to release just for the sake of publicity and having 15 minutes of fame, and people who lie about having shit for the exact same reason. It makes this scene look horrible and childish, and detracts from the people who actually work hard to release their work for everybody to enjoy.
You are saying that just because I don't wanna release this for people to "pirate" amiibos, that my year of work was less "hard" than the people who release things and support piracy? And you are calling other people childish? Grow up.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Say childish.
Write an entire text to say it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop being an asshole and respect the work of the other people.

After that, we can speak of childish thing.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because:

Ah, more white knights. Forget what I said about this scene looking childish. It just is, sometimes.

Calm down. I know people these days have things up their ass but, seriously, stop.

What's funny is that you guys didn't even know what I meant by that. You guys took it out of context and went apeshit for no reason.

And I'm the childish one.

Last edited by DKB,
Reactions: Undi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Man, the new art of Callie from Splatoon's Twitter account looks so amazing and cute
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?