Hacking And this is exactly why we need a true modchip.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
upload_2018-4-24_19-50-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-24_19-50-49.png
    upload_2018-4-24_19-50-49.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 786
Reactions: djp-AKA-bionic

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, that is true, however then again who ever turns off their switch? I just put it to sleep almost 100% of the time
Even if it is really hard to believe, there exist these battery worrying freaks. People that go around with tinfoil hats, telling tales that you shouldn't leave your Switch on the dock because it will make the battery explode, and that you should turn it always completely off so the government can't spy on you and also make your battery explode.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plus there is a software bug that is already usable. So really no need for tx, unless you want to dish a lot of cash.

TX is the same exploit. You might want to buy one of their mod chips if you don't want to have to carry a PC around with you.

you would need to modify the bootrom for that to work in my understanding.. what is going to tell the usb stick to launch the set of instructions? hence again, the need for modchip

The usb stick is the modchip, it's not a standard memory stick.

Last edited by smf,
D

Deleted User

people will want dual booting solutions, to play online, to boot linux, etc.. thus the need for modchip.
they would probably would come up with a solution that would allow to switch between switchos and linux without powering off. I mean since they have full control over the system, it could be possible, in theory, to have it that the switchos side is patched so it could just reload to linux, and the linux side could just launch the switch side with signpatches and turning off switch secruity, similar to how on 3ds you can give full arm9 accesses even while during 3ds mode. Which would allow you to drop the switch os and load back into linux. Course easier said than done, but it's sounds like just a matter of memory management.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TX is the same exploit. You might want to buy one of their mod chips if you don't want to have to carry a PC around with you.
Here is the thing, I never will support tx. Plain and simple.

Last edited by ,

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are so cheap to spend a normally the price of a game on a modchip for convience and options, while stealing multiple $60 games , a logic i dont understand..

Reactions: RedHunter

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
people are so cheap to spend a normally the price of a game on a modchip for convience and options, while stealing multiple $60 games , a logic i dont understand..
I would pay a lot of money for a modchip, just not to TX.
Money is not a problem here, it's not about "cheapness", it's about thinking the provider is dishonest.

PS: Also, I don't plan to stop buying $60+ games monthly.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I would pay a lot of money for a modchip, just not to TX.
Money is not a problem here, it's not about "cheapness", it's about thinking the provider is dishonest.

PS: Also, I don't plan to stop buying $60+ games monthly.
Also, for me, I'm really burned on the 360. I'm angry that practically everyone just gave up on a software exploit, so now you pay up or give up.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they would probably would come up with a solution that would allow to switch between switchos and linux without powering off.

Possibly, they might also come up with a way to install CFW updates and then reboot without having to coldboot.

All it will take is for the console to lock up and you'll be coldbooting it.

im sure there will be many clones, but tx will obviously be the first to market.

I'm not so sure, if it turns out like the psjailbreak then the clones were out before the original manufacturers. As long as you were quick to get in an order for the teensy that the clone ran on.

Why can't we just dump NAND from the Switch, eliminating the need for a PC

You don't need a PC, but you need something attached to the USB bus to deliver the exploit which corrupts ram to allow unsigned code execution.

Last edited by smf,

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so why didnt you hack the 360 yourself? Obviously the software was pretty tight.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the 360 had a free solution pretty much its entire lifespan.. rgh didnt need hardware for most of its lifespan until board revisions, and the custom firmware for the dvd was easily programmed by jumping a couple points and using a sata cable.

D

Deleted User

so why didnt you hack the 360 yourself? Obviously the software was pretty tight.
The same exact reason everyone gave up. In order to beat the hypervisor (secruity gaurd dog) you need to learn about the hypervisor. Problem is, the hypervisor is not documented all that well. And any individual that got a hardmod, just gave up because they got what they needed, and didn't bother looking for a softmod.

djp-AKA-bionic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@smf right now team xecuter already has its boards done, im sure they are just working on the software side now... hopefully we can download a "firmware" for the chips off xbins, because we know it wont ship with it. if its done like the original xbox, it will ship with a linux bootloader.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

It's not that hard to understand, a one off purchase is cheaper than making multiple purchases.

You're also assuming everyone would just pirate every game and not buy any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: