And this is exactly why we need a true modchip.

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by djp-AKA-bionic, Apr 24, 2018.

1. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

djp-AKA-bionic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    Kate's Bootrom Exploit Paired with Fusee still requires a PC to launch the payload, and the shorting every time the console reboots/power cycles making it a tethered exploit.

I could be wrong as I have not had confirmation yet from Team Xecuter, but being a long time beta tester (since the 90's) for them, I think its pretty safe to assume that the modchip itself will send the payload through a button cominbation or on/off switch of some sort which will enable it at will to boot from the SD card or extra NAND if thats the route they took. Therefor no computer required. Much better solution IMO.

@yardie

nmkd, Eix, weatMod and 1 other person like this.
  2. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Why can't we just dump NAND from the Switch, eliminating the need for a PC

3. yardie

yardie Banned

Banned
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Let's hope tx comes out with something awesome so all the elitists can foam at the mouth

peteruk likes this.
  4. djp-AKA-bionic
    OP

djp-AKA-bionic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    a dual nand is the perfect solution. boot normal when you wanna play online, which can also be done via SD card, but it will not run as smooth/fast imo .. we are still in the early stages, i am sure it will progress in many different ways now the everything is blown wide open

SpiffyJUNIOR likes this.
  5. untok

untok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Finland
    cfw atmospehere is solution nice to see so fast to homebrew community in switch. Its like gateway solution to early firm and joy mod to others suprising to 5.X is also got this. Only marico switch is difference and i think its out summer.

sleepymanakete and Linkuei like this.
  6. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    who needs tx ? they gonna release emunand soon so its game over for tx also > Boot2 will come <

uyjulian, Linkuei, KiiWii and 7 others like this.
  7. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    #SignaturePatches.

8. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    yeah but how often do you entirely turn off your system i do maybe once or twice a month other than that i keep it charging in sleep mode

9. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Me... I turn it off holding the power button every single time... I don't care for the dock, I never even tested the dock, its still in the box, neither I even care for Switch as a home console as I even find my PS4 Pro too weak, its picking up dust for months already, and I have much better games in it, they are more my taste and they are way cheaper in PSN digital promotions.

What really made me crazy about Switch is having some current multiplatform games that I even have on my PC but on a portable tablet size console which is incredible, specially Wolfenstein II.

sergio_prado, DayVeeBoi and charlieb like this.
  10. coon-strudel

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Alternatives are always good to have. Maybe they will have certain features the other does not yet?

zfreeman, guily6669 and yardie like this.
  11. Kipz

Kipz Banned

Banned
    Jan 29, 2018
    United States
    Do people not realize that eventually FG will be a coldboot exploit?

x65943, DayVeeBoi, cearp and 3 others like this.
  12. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Exactly... And with everything being released for free and eventually will get permanent, TX only will sell if they have something different in the table...

Who knows if their chip has a fast memory chip built-in for emunand? Or another M-SD port built-in so we can have a permanent fast M-SD for emunand with all data\saves always there and use the M-SD port of the Switch to keep changing for smaller size SD's to run backups...

ps: Also I'm almost sure when TX releases it will run backups right away.

weatMod likes this.
  13. Kipz

Kipz Banned

Banned
    Jan 29, 2018
    United States
    TX's device is gonna be a piracy-focused tool, while FG will be actual coldboot CFW for *real* homebrew.

14. xenofly

xenofly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    which still lead to piracy

15. Kipz

Kipz Banned

Banned
    Jan 29, 2018
    United States
    leads to piracy, not focused on piracy. Real CFW is not about piracy, it's about unlocking the full potential of a device and allowing it to be customized to do whatever the user wants. Both B9S and Sky3DS enabled piracy, however they couldn't be FARTHER from eachother in terms of potential

16. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Comparing a flashcart to a mod chip isn't really a fair comparison, unless ALL the tx modchip does is allow you to run roms

17. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    TX also claimed Kate is wrong about their chip so maybe it can even work differently, who knows... I like all the drama :P

18. xenofly

xenofly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Yeah, that's the idea. But most of people still use it for piracy, not for that amazing customization. And everyone knows this. Not saying that CFW is bad tbh

19. Kipz

Kipz Banned

Banned
    Jan 29, 2018
    United States
    I mean...yeah, most people are in it for piracy. Still, a coldboot CFW will always beat a physical device.

xenofly likes this.
  20. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Not necessarily. A physical mod chip can do anything a cooldboot cfw can, and theoretically could maybe do more if they put the necessary hardware in but I might be wrong on that.

einsteinx2 likes this.