Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
merrytempmas_medium.jpg

WINNER: ROB BLOU (play entry)
Congratulations! You win a brand new Nintendo New 3DS XL - yes, XL because you're from Canada and that's all you can get over there. Your song is fantastic and the community loves it!

RUNNER-UPS
2. farmin (play entry)
3. frogboy (play entry)
4. VashTS (play entry)
5. djavs (play entry)

Well done guys, you all win $50 in cash! Thank you for your entries, we loved to hear them and I personally listen to them all every day, this has been the best music competition on GBAtemp ever! Listen to all the other entries on this thread.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to get off my butt and stop wasting my Christmas break, but didn't have the motivation... until Tempmas Week 2 came along. Had tons of fun composing, recording, and watching the number next to my name in the poll :P

Congrats to Rob and my fellow runners-up, and a huge thanks to the staff here for putting Tempmas together!

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROB congrats!! I am really happy for you, because you really deserve that 3ds! I just downloaded your song and placed it on my phone for the next train ride to the university! Awesome song!
congrats to the other winners as well!

Reactions: Rob Blou

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you guys!!! :D It's the 1st time I participate in a contest that combines the 2 things I'm most passionate about in life (music and games obviously) so thanks again to the folks at GBAtemp for doing this and huge props to all the people who created those amazing songs. That compilation is gonna be good! :D Cheers guys! :grog:

Reactions: Foxi4

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys!!! :D It's the 1st time I participate in a contest that combines the 2 things I'm most passionate about in life (music and games obviously) so thanks again to the folks at GBAtemp for doing this and huge props to all the people who created those amazing songs. That compilation is gonna be good! :D Cheers guys! :grog:

Well done Rob, your a star m8 ;)

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
Congratulations! You were my favourite. Such an uplifting song! Makes me want to party :grog: But I still have 3 exams to go, so.. :teach:

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bah. "farmin" should have won it imho. 2nd place one had a festive tone, lyrics were on point, and full of humor.

the first place one sounded like a plagerized nickelback song.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bah. "farmin" should have won it imho. 2nd place one had a festive tone, lyrics were on point, and full of humor.

Haha thx for making me laugh ... I haven't heard the same Nickelback songs you heard I guess ;) but I agree that Framin's song was amazing. Go check his remixes: http://www.youtube.com/liltommyj

Reactions: VinsCool

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Yes, maybe farmin's song had more Christmas feel to it... but when it comes to music, judgement is hardly objective, it comes down to personal preference. That is why we went for public vote.

Also, I remember hearing Nickelback a while ago... that's totally not what I remember :wtf: maybe you're thinking of another band?

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, maybe farmin's song had more Christmas feel to it... but when it comes to music, judgement is hardly objective, it comes down to personal preference. That is why we went for public vote.

Also, I remember hearing Nickelback a while ago... that's totally not what I remember :wtf: maybe you're thinking of another band?

Sum 41?

Reactions: djavs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE