Hacking An odd thing occured...

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right section to post it... But here goes...

I was playing around with Animal Crossing: City Folk, I ran a cheat to spawn an item in my pocket, and another to spawn another item in my closet.

Here are the codes:

Code:
C1 Closet Modifier Slot 150

42000000 91000000
03019D42 0000CEE4
E0000000 80008000
C1 Pocket Slot 15 Modifier

42000000 90000000
02E2EB3E 0000CED4
E0000000 80008000

I ran the codes with Configureable USB Loader and the game said the save file was corrupted and asked me if I want to delete the save, I pressed the home button and clicked Wii Menu, and then ran the game on Wiiflow without cheats, the game ran normally and the save data was fine, and I exited to the Wii Menu once more. Then a message appeared saying something about not being able to read the Mii Channel data, I clicked ok, and just to see if it would reappear, I hit home, and clicked Wii Menu, while on the Wii Menu, so the Wii just restarted the Wii Menu normally, and the message didn't show up.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the Mii Channel and checked out what was going on... All my Miis were fine... I went back to the Wii Menu and checked the settings menu to see if my Wii wasn't semi-bricked, it ran just fine, and I got even more curious... To be sure nothing was wrong, I ran a different game on Wiiflow to see if I could still play games... Everything worked just fine... (Though I haven't checked to see if Animal Crossing still worked....)

I'm not worried or anything, but I'm curious as to why this happend, my main consern is my wii, I don't want it to brick or anything.

Any ideas what this means or anything? If you need any more details let me know, I'm really curious why this happened.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Post a sysCheck.csv
Honesty from what you checked, I wouldn't worry.

From personal experience, I believe you corrupted/infected your save file.
For instance, in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, if you used the Alloy Player hack, or any file patching codes without the "alloys don't break my music" your "my music" area would freeze your wii when you select it, even without codes/cheats.

So just to be safe, I say try backing up your save and attempt to recreate the issue without using codes on a new save.

If the issue reoccurs, PM me with the sysCheck log

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats good to hear, I don't know if I should try and run different cheats and see if that was just that the cheats didn't work. Because now I just re-google'd my problem (yes I google'd before posting this.) and I found someone who had the same problem, but without the Mii Channel part, and with a different cheat.

atvig5.png

Then I kept reading along and I found this.

154d2qs.png

If this is true then my save might not be infected/corrupted. :D

But I'm still curious about the Mii Channel message, in fact it was because of it I made this thread.... :blink:

EDIT: I also forgot to mention in my post... Though I have some experience in Wii hacking, I don't know what a sysCheck.csv is... :blink:

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
To make a sysCheck.csv, you need to goto the Homebrew channel and download sysChecker2
Then just run the app and say check all/test all ios

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all right, if Mii Channel message appears again, I'll be sure to do that.

When I have time, I'll check to see if it was just a defective cheat code that caused the "save file is corrupted" message, because I've run cheats on Animal Crossing before, so this just came up unexpected.

EDIT: I ran Animal Crossing again without codes to see if the message would appear, I didn't appear. Now I'm going to try to see if it was just a defective code.

EDIT 2: I remembered I still had my other cheats in another file, and I remembered that they work, so I tried them. When Configureable USB Loader loaded the game with cheats, I ended up with a black screen for about a minute, and then the game started, however my contoller wouldn't sync untill it ended up to the title screen, and my data was still fine. I don't remember how many cheats were in that file, but it might have been alot of cheats to make that happen... I dunno. But it seems it was just a defective code.

Still, it makes me wonder what made that Mii Channel message appear.... :unsure:

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, just a couple codes cause animal crossing to say the file is corrupt. It really isn't. Just find the culprit and remove it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol