Hacking An issue with very few games not loading.... not "really" a

jnk2469

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Wiigator's Backup loader 0.3 gamma to load my backups. I am running cIOS249. I have an NTSC Wii, 3.2U. I've obviously run the twilight hack and installed the homebrew channel. I DO NOT have regionfrii, brick blocker, or any of those other things installed.

Question #1

Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC), Brunswick Pro Bowling (PAL), and Madden NFL '09 All-Play (PAL) start to load for me, but only to the initial white screen where it tells to to make sure you have the cover on the remote and that you have enough room around you......

Then, the screen goes black and my wiimote turns off.

The PAL games I have set to Force NTSC.

I've burned and played over 40 iso's successfully. These three games (downloaded from several different sources, several different times) are the only ones I have had issues with, other than with Need For Speed Undercover.

I burn at 4x (and have tried slower on these three games) using ImageBurner, and only on DVD-R's.

What could be the reason for this? All three games do the same thing.

Could someone please help me figure out what the heck the problem is? And if this is something to do with the rebooter options, please explain what exactly I do, as I have never had to do anything with that.

Question #2

As mentioned above, I also have an issue with Need for Speed Undercover. I have the new "fixed" backup loader, but I'm curious as the game still won't load, and no, it doesn't say error 002.... It just loads past the backup loader, and then I get nothing. The game is NTSC. Do I need a new cIOS? As mentioned above, I have IOS249. I would assume that if there is a new cIOS to work with v 0.3, I would have heard of it, but I haven't. I'm just checking. Any ideas?

Questions #3 & #4

Now I KNOW these are quick noob questions. I've pretty much scanned the noob stickies, and haven't found answers though.

How do I make the backup loader v 0.3 a channel, so I can free up my SD Card?

How do I get DVD's to play on the Wii? I've installed DVDx, but it doesn't load the dvd. NO dvd's will load in the disk channel. Just kinda stumped there.

Does anyone else have an issue with James Bond Quantum of Solace being, for lack of a better word, skippy? The sound and video kind of stutter somewhat. Sounds more than video. It's an NTSC game.

I would really appreciate any answers for this. Thanks in advance!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The rev5, the rev6 and the rev7 cIOS are ALL installed as IOS249!. Is it that hard to find the Gamma + SoftChip compatibility guide in the sticky thread? And please post noob questions in the noob thread.

bhavinjpatel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey try patching thoes games with a iso patcher. That should do the trick and yes i have the same problem with the james bond game i have no idea. Its kinda of weird. Let me kno if u figure out away to fix it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bhavinjpatel said:
hey try patching thoes games with a iso patcher. That should do the trick and yes i have the same problem with the james bond game i have no idea. Its kinda of weird. Let me kno if u figure out away to fix it.

The fames bond game is not working for you? Then i guess you have the rev6 cIOS and not the rev7 one. Just (re)install the rev7 cIOS and the game should work. If you took a look in my Gamma + SoftChip compatibility guide you would have found the info that the wrong cIOS is one of the most common reasons why some games don't work.

bhavinjpatel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
bhavinjpatel said:

The fames bond game is not working for you? Then i guess you have the rev6 cIOS and not the rev7 one. Just (re)install the rev7 cIOS and the game should work. If you took a look in my Gamma + SoftChip compatibility guide you would have found the info that the wrong cIOS is one of the most common reasons why some games don't work.

The game works fine but there is a bit of a lagging problem with the sound to audio

jnk2469

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jnk2469 said:
I have rev 7 installed, which is why i DID NOT post this is the "noob" section.

Umm, hehe, I wanted to make sure that statement was right after I posted it, so I tried to install it (r7) again.... and I got -0001 error, installation failed. hmmmm.........

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jnk2469 said:
Questions #3 & #4

Now I KNOW these are quick noob questions. I've pretty much scanned the noob stickies, and haven't found answers though.

How do I get DVD's to play on the Wii? I've installed DVDx, but it doesn't load the dvd. NO dvd's will load in the disk channel. Just kinda stumped there.

Not to be an ass, but you didn't search. Just a quick search showed me this little bit of info:

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install:
DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad - This will give you a Gamma launcher channel. You can skip this if you prefer to launch backups from HBC or wish to install a different channel loader.

May not be what you are looking for exactly, but the info is there

jnk2469

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
jnk2469 said:
Questions #3 & #4

Not to be an ass, but you didn't search. Just a quick search showed me this little bit of info:

+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install:
DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad - This will give you a Gamma launcher channel. You can skip this if you prefer to launch backups from HBC or wish to install a different channel loader.

May not be what you are looking for exactly, but the info is there

Well shit on me and call me john.. I didn't see that part...... I did say "scan" there is a LOT of repetitive info out there... it was giving me a headache to read it all. I realize I'm just adding to it, and I DO apologize. You're not an ass. you just pointed out something I didn't see, and I thank you

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jnk2469 said:
You're not an ass. you just pointed out something I didn't see, and I thank you

I'm sure there are a few that'll disagree
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E