ROM Hack An idea for Chrono Trigger DS (JP). . .

f1337wood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guise.

While playing Chrono Trigger earlier, I realized that there are a few particular points in the game where it would be neat to just use the background music of an area as battle music (like what happens in Magus's Castle, the Ocean Palace and the Black Omen). Would it be at all possible to hack up a code that would enable the area's music to replace the battle music as long as a code is active, and perhaps make it able to be toggled on and off?

If something like that is possible, it would be super awesome if someone would be able to provide a code for it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Probably not, you could however replace some music files.
I know its possible in at least some games since I did it with Devil Survivor.

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
eternalsteel said:
bad idea. Anyone that touches the code for a chrono game gets sued by Square Enix.

If they're caught.
The peoples that were doing that one rom hack of Chrono Trigger (The name of said hack fails me) got cease and desisted 'cause they were publicly advertising they were making a fan made Chrono Trigger game on Youtube. Plus, Square Enix likes being anal about their games hilariously enough.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Although they were not doing something bad... just re-releasing that game in 3d :S
But sometimes a company should let some people mess up with the code, because a lot of good things can happen. Even help with the sales.

They only way a company should stop the fan-projects are if they have profits out of that.

And for your idea of a patch I don't know if it's possible or not but it's a nice one.

(I hope my post won't make a flood of 12-year-olds asking for the 3D - it's not complete and right now it's also non-existand anymore)

f1337wood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that we were referring to the fanmade sequel that was at 97% completion, not the 3d remake.

This kind of code isn't really necessary, but I just thought it would be kinda neat. It already happens in a few dungeons in the game, so I figured that it may be possible. If not, oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.