"An exception occured" Fault status: menu

brybry11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help. My modded 3ds has not been able to boot for the past week. When i turn it on, a screen appears that says,
"An exception occured

Processor : Arm11 (core 0)
Exception: Data abort
fault status: Alignment
current process: menu"

And im scared because i have not seen anyone talk about this specific issue. The only ones ive seen was for the update, and i already did that, so im fine with that. And the only other issue someone has had that ive seen with the fault status as "alignment" had to do with it being when a game was opened. But not for me. this always happens when i START the 3ds. (maybe somebody had a problem with this too, but i didnt see it. If you did too, let me know pls!)

Also, i tried everything i could to fix it. I updated the Luma3DS AND the 3ds itself , i replaced the FBI file and some other stuff.

(One more thing. This error appeared on my screen after i downloaded a whole bunch of custom themes off of theme plaza, then i shut off my 3ds to kind of "refresh(?)" it, then the error appeared.)

So, what could be the issue? What can i do to fix this?:sad:

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

brybry11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try starting without SD card.
This should tell is if a bad theme (bad Home Menu extdata) is causing the issue.
I tried, it booted up perfectly. :)

Although, I couldnt tell which one was the bad theme so i just deleted all of them. But when i started it up again, it just displayed the error again.:unsure:
Post automatically merged:

Wait now its working?! Im very glad but im also surprised..

How can i tell if what im downloading is a bad theme just so this doesnt happen again?

Last edited by brybry11,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i tell if what im downloading is a bad theme just so this doesnt happen again?
Do this :
Screenshot_20230211_Chrome.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."