Gaming "An error has occurred" on DSi boot.

Void_Frost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I won't beat around the bush, this is totally my fault. I was messing with unlaunch and some other stuff and deleted the "tickets" folder from my system NAND thinking it was optional (along with a few other folders but that's neither here nor there).

Now, when I hit the power button, it just says "An error has occurred...", etc.

Is there anything I can do to restore my DSi? Besides hardmod? I think hardmod would work, but I'm not sure if I'm a skilled enough solderer to pull it off.

I don't have Unlaunch or HiyaCFW or anything installed, but I do have an SD card (not flashcard) that I can run TwilightMenu and other things off of.

Any help is appriciated!

Thank You!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DOES IT SAY 003
Never heard of a DSi showing a 003 error (opposed to a region changed Korean Wii)
Since the OP didn't log in for some months now it is not very likely they will read it anyway… so why the necrobump?

That is a really helpful and detailed reply. Honestly, though technically correct, a few more words why this is the case would be not too much:
If you can't start any software (Launcher, unlaunch) there is nothing that can be done in software which leaves only hardmod to restore a backup.

Reactions: banjo2

BeanMKW

certified wii u owner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of a DSi showing a 003 error (opposed to a region changed Korean Wii)
Since the OP didn't log in for some months now it is not very likely they will read it anyway… so why the necrobump?

That is a really helpful and detailed reply. Honestly, though technically correct, a few more words why this is the case would be not too much:
If you can't start any software (Launcher, unlaunch) there is nothing that can be done in software which leaves only hardmod to restore a backup.
hardmod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, what's Kero Kero bonito?