Not open for further replies.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanas said:
SamAsh07 said:
Well then you need a special song for your ears then.

[youtube]Ke5Olb-4Xl4[/youtube]​
Real talent is being able to write your own material and not singing covers of other peoples, the chances of him ever becoming a Grammy award winning singer song writer is nil, singers like him are a dime a dozen, while on the other hand, Grammy award winning song writers like Amy Winehouse are 1 in a million.

Oh my god...

get over it, talent is talent. Whether or not you can write, or sing, or do both, it's talent no matter what. Just because you aren't as famous, does not mean you are not as, if not more, talented than others who have made it big.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Tanas said:
SamAsh07 said:

Real talent is being able to write your own material and not singing covers of other peoples, the chances of him ever becoming a Grammy award winning singer song writer is nil, singers like him are a dime a dozen, while on the other hand, Grammy award winning song writers like Amy Winehouse are 1 in a million.

Oh my god...

get over it, talent is talent. Whether or not you can write, or sing, or do both, it's talent no matter what. Just because you aren't as famous, does not mean you are not as, if not more, talented than others who have made it big.
The simple fact of the matter is that, a talented singer without good songs will never become famous no matter how hard they try, but a talented song writer will and that's a fact, and why is it that the song writer keeps on getting royalties long after the song is forgotten but the singer(mild talent)get absolutely nothing? so don't give me this bullshit that the singer and songwriter are equal when it comes to the talent stakes.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
cwstjdenobs said:
koimayeul said:
nothing to explain.. immature people joke on death all the time..

It's called a coping mechanism. Like the person who cracks up laughing when they see a serious accident IRL. May not be appropriate, and not saying I disagree with the filtering, but except for the odd couple of arseholes most of that stuff comes from people in shock. Well for the moment anyhows.
while understandable to cope the shock in real time having uncontrolable laugher or trying to deny the reality of the event, on the internet its just mean sarcasm the most of the time.. it gets sickening pretty quickly me think but nature will fix those person misplaced humor someday right, as i stated before.. sad but true

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure everyone who read this news story said "Finally."
It was obvious. Frankly, she's looked dead for quite a while now. I think the gargantuan quantity of drugs finally just wore off and her body realized it had been dead for a while.

I'm being a little mean, but she essentially butchered herself. So I feel no remorse.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say finally in fact I was saddened, Amy Winehouse was amazingly talented and is now just another member of the 27 club.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Tanas said:
SamAsh07 said:

Oh my god...

The simple fact of the matter is that, a talented singer without good songs will never become famous no matter how hard they try, but a talented song writer will and that's a fact, and why is it that the song writer keeps on getting royalties long after the song is forgotten but the singer(mild talent)get absolutely nothing? so don't give me this bullshit that the singer and songwriter are equal when it comes to the talent stakes.

How do you explain the many "famous" singers that can't sing. It's not always the writer who makes the royalties it could be the record label or the artist depending on who owns the copyrights to the material.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanas said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Tanas said:
SamAsh07 said:

Oh my god...

Tanas, don't jump into conclusions without knowing anything, yes that guy sings covers, but he also writes his own song, he just released his first EP (own written), and it's really good. Professional too. You don't get famous without trying (Well JB and RB are a special and stupid case). I'll bet you that once some big company falls over his videos, they'll surely sign him. You know what's the best thing about his voice? He sounds like Michael Jackson at times. At age of 4 he started with MJ songs.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:
Amy Winehouse, died july 23, 2011. Details: Belly full of drugs & cum. ~Wikipedia

...that must've been one hell of a party. Imagine being the last man on earth Amy's ever sucked on.

In all seriousness though, it's a tragedy, but with so many addictions, she had it cummin' for her. I mean comming. Dammnit! I can't keep my sarcasm in-check.

and you didnt take a screenshot of that?

FAIL

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
98 innocent children killed and I see more posts about this dead smackrat? Get a grip guys. I feel for her parents but they kinda knew it would happen sooner or later. The Oslo victims parents didn't see their tragedy coming in the slightest.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the all talent debate, a singer has talents a songwriter doesn't, a songwriter has talent a singer doesn't. And if you think all the input a performer/group has on a piece is blindly parroting what the writer wrote you haven't much of a clue about how most music is actually put together nowadays.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
98 innocent children killed and I see more posts about this dead smackrat? Get a grip guys. I feel for her parents but they kinda knew it would happen sooner or later. The Oslo victims parents didn't see their tragedy coming in the slightest.
The oslo incident couldn't be stopped, and therefore reminds people that they can die any time, on a subconscious level at least.
People dying like this makes people think they wont die because they don't pump their bodies full of drugs.
Pretty simple really.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ThePowerOutage said:
bazamuffin said:
The oslo incident couldn't be stopped, and therefore reminds people that they can die any time, on a subconscious level at least.
People dying like this makes people think they wont die because they don't pump their bodies full of drugs.
Pretty simple really.

Missed my point bruv, completely

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
The reason there are more posts here is because everyone likes to get their digs in. What could any of us have to say that hasnt been said about the Oslo tragedy already. Also, this post has kinda taken a turn and everyone is bickering about "talent". Screw her parents anyway they apparently didnt do their job.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
JasmineJewelThief said:
bazamuffin said:
The reason there are more posts here is because everyone likes to get their digs in. What could any of us have to say that hasnt been said about the Oslo tragedy already. Also, this post has kinda taken a turn and everyone is bickering about "talent". Screw her parents anyway they apparently didnt do their job.

Haha, I like you!

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not like I'm happy about it, but if I said I was sad I'd be lying. She was not a talented singer or songwriter; and I bet most of the people saying she was, wouldn't be if this was just another article about her drug abuse issues.

Tanas said:
The simple fact of the matter is that, a talented singer without good songs will never become famous no matter how hard they try, but a talented song writer will and that's a fact
That is logically what should happen, but unfortunately that's not usually how the music industry works. Image and marketability are most important, musical ability and songwriting aren't much of a factor. Ever noticed how most popular songs are total crap, but they still sell? It's all about marketing. Same reason why most of the popular musicians are attractive girls and hansom guys.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JasmineJewelThief said:
Screw her parents anyway they apparently didnt do their job.

Arsehole. You do realise that after the age of 12 peer pressure pretty much takes over all of the other influences that mould a persons personality? That people do not live in a bubble with their families but are part of society as a whole? That the drug problems this world has is a problem of the societies and caused by problems in societies? Unless you live in a country that has zero drug deaths you are about as much to blame for everyone of them as their families. Also the fact that she was a woman, not a fucking kid, and no matter how well you bring children up you can't stop them from becoming people you don't like once they are old enough to get the chance.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
cwstjdenobs said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
Screw her parents anyway they apparently didnt do their job.

Arsehole. You do realise that after the age of 12 peer pressure pretty much takes over all of the other influences that mould a persons personality? That people do not live in a bubble with their families but are part of society as a whole? That the drug problems this world has is a problem of the societies and caused by problems in societies? Unless you live in a country that has zero drug deaths you are about as much to blame for everyone of them as their families. Also the fact that she was a woman, not a fucking kid, and no matter how well you bring children up you can't stop them from becoming people you don't like once they are old enough to get the chance.

I don't see why any of you are bringing up alcohol, drugs or parents into the equation and tagging them as "problems". The way I see it, drugs should be entirely legal. Seeing that every action causes a reaction, taking whatever drugs may lead to death, especially when mixed with alcohol. The point I'm clumsily trying to make here is that Amy died not because of her parents, not because of peer pressure, not because of drugs or alcohol abuse. She died because the lifestyle she decided to follow was taking a toll on her organism. There's nothing and nobody to "blame" other than Amy herself, but then again, is blame a good word here? She lived the life she chose to live and she was happy with it. Action caused a reaction, that much is certain. We can mourn over her death, but we can't classify it by means of "deserved" or "undeserved". It was only a consiquence of her own actions, and she was more than aware of this possibility, but chose the lifestyle regardless.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I have a heard time grasping is how people that do lots of hard drugs are able to not only function but achieve a high degree of success. To be honest I can't do drugs because I wouldn't be able to be productive or function in a creative capacity.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Albert Hofmann, the inventor of LSD and its frequent user lived a happy life and died aged 102 years.

QUOTE said:
I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.
~Albert Hofmann

Any substance known to man, including oxygen, is harmful, each to its own extent. At the same time, any substance properly measured and used in moderation has the potential to be beneficial in some manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo