Hacking Amiibo Action Replay Powersaves

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Agreed.

So, it's been shown that you can edit amiibo stats to whatever you want with this...

That, and being able to backup amiibo have almost got me to buy.

But I'm concerned that this seems to require an Internet connection to function? I don't want to buy if they can make the device useless at any time. I'd also like to know if amiibo Bonus Effects can be edited with this.

I take it there's no real competitor to this in the US?

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real competitor in general other than me :P I'll get it to work on smartphones/NFC devices sooner or later.

What kind of progress have you made so far? And is there a particular device you'd recommend using your program with, once it's finished? If so, how much does it cost?

I'm tempted to buy one of these Powersaves devices, but the required 'net connection is a major turn-off. I'd rather spend the money on a device that isn't reliant on a server which can go down at any time.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of progress have you made so far? And is there a particular device you'd recommend using your program with, once it's finished? If so, how much does it cost?

I'm tempted to buy one of these Powersaves devices, but the required 'net connection is a major turn-off. I'd rather spend the money on a device that isn't reliant on a server which can go down at any time.

Well I'm waiting for the Webkit exploit to be finished so I can use the NFP library to figure out decryption, and then write down how to decrypt and re-encrypt data so someone can add support for devices. The goal is to be free :P If you want a device that works out of the box, get this.

Reactions: Smash Br0

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real competitor in general other than me :P I'll get it to work on smartphones/NFC devices sooner or later.

Supposing down the road you do get things to work with smartphones, would it only work with Android, or would the newer generations of iPhone that are "ApplePay capable" be in the running as well?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposing down the road you do get things to work with smartphones, would it only work with Android, or would the newer generations of iPhone that are "ApplePay capable" be in the running as well?

That's up to whoever is making jailbreaks to find a way to use it in apps. Last time I heard it's locked down though.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that it can edit Bonus Effects as well, so I ordered it. The required 'net connection is dumb, but there's no other alternative...

BTW, to anyone who might order one from Amazon, check the gift card tab to see if you're eligible for a "Buy $50 in Gift Cards, get a $10 promo credit free" offer.

...I hope Nintendo doesn't render these useless somehow via a firmware update.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that it can edit Bonus Effects as well, so I ordered it. The required 'net connection is dumb, but there's no other alternative...

BTW, to anyone who might order one from Amazon, check the gift card tab to see if you're eligible for a "Buy $50 in Gift Cards, get a $10 promo credit free" offer.

That will be an interesting cat and mouse game with the New 3DS. :)

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the device works the way it is supposed to and edits the NFC data to match official amiibo data structure, there is no way that they can. That is, there is no way for them to disable save backups and editing data to legitimate values. Of course, they could always patch games to prevent cheats like max stat amiibos in SSB. Aside from that, the only way the Wii U could differentiate official amiibo data from data that's been backed up is if Nintendo put some special identifier in which this device does not properly copy over/emulate. (Which would be really stupid.)

Reactions: Smash Br0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1