OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
atidropped_5_dh_fx57.jpg

QUOTE said:
According to AMD's documentation, ATi brand name products already being sold at all locations will remain, but none of the new generation product will no longer be this brand. With the Radeon HD 6000 series of graphics cards, ATI Radeon rather than as AMD, AMD plans to launch, the ATI brand will be shelved. Will be launched in October, the ATI Radeon HD 6000 series is not expected to place logo, AMD Fusion processor with graphics capabilities of the new strategy enetegre opportunity to think and detailed presentation.
a sorry translation, but you get the idea

Source

looks like i'll be able to get my Amd motherboard with an amd chipset with an amd graphics card now

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I'm happy with AMD or ATi.. When I assembled my computer, it didn't perform as well as I thought it would.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well...there it goes one of the best GPU team ever made...

An ATI GPU card always had brute potential. However, I like AMD cpus as much as Intel ones, both give excellent results between games/office stuff.

Long life to ATI... As my Wii has it inside *-* and a notebook I had also.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:

An ATI GPU card always had brute potential. However, I like AMD cpus as much as Intel ones, both give excellent results between games/office stuff.

the team and gfx cards will still be there, its just getting rid of the ATI name and replacing it with AMD

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Joe88 said:
Coto said:

the team and gfx cards will still be there, its just getting rid of the ATI name and replacing it with AMD

Yes I know what i´ve read before. But this sorta kills the "feeling" about "ATI VGA CARD".

Quite sad u-u

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gvaz said:
It's kind of lame, in my opinion. ATI generally carries a stronger name than AMD does.

more users associate radeon than ati to their products.

the main reason i can tell is cost cutting, running a few brands actually costs a fair bit of money (e.g GM found out the hard way)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of a shame. I have a ton of friends who work in ATI back in Toronto. On a good day it was considered a Taiwanese sweatshop from hell, since there weren't many options for you if you were into analog stuff (PMC Sierra, or god forbid Nortel were your only other options). Still sad to see the brand go. I know they've been moving a lot of people from the Canada to the US, so it's not surprising they're retiring the brand.

D

Deleted_171835

I'm going to miss ATI though this makes sense.
More people recognize the brand AMD instead of ATI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...