ambassador sharing?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by totalnoob617, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2011

ambassador sharing? by totalnoob617 at 2:33 PM (1,686 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. totalnoob617
    OP

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    i had an idea but its too late for me to try it now, so if anyone has not yet downloaded their ambassador certificate yet could you please give this a try ,i am really curious now
    ok after you go to settings and where you download the nes games for the ambassador program ,it has an ambassador certificate, thenit says re download to download it for the 1st time , aftet you click that to download it and it finishes , the 3ds will ask you something,but i forget what it was, but i got lazy and hit yes to whatever it was, then it said somethinglike altering data do not turn system off , but instead of doing that someone should try to copy their sd card,make a whole 1:1 copy, right after clicking the re download button and before doing anything else or saying yes to what it asks you next,before it does that altering data thing, and then try to send that file to someone else not in the program and see if they can get ambassador on their 3ds by putting the clone of your card in their 3ds,
    i know its a long shot ,but i am curious as to what it is doing when it says altering data after you download the file and say yes to whatever it asks you

2. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    Didn't you posted this on the Awesome 3DS Hacking theories thread already?

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    All that's going to do is corrupt your SD card.

I'm just going to take a guess here but it's probably just creating extdata to store info about the Ambassador Program.

4. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
  5. totalnoob617
    OP

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    im just curious to see if it would work ,and why would it corrupt it, i didnt say to turn it off and remove the card when it says not to turn it off, i just said to wait till it downloads the certificate after you hit the re download button and to turn it off and copy the card before you do what it asks you to do after you press re download and it finishes , and then maybe also make another image after you do say yes to what it asks after you hit re download ,but before you go to the home menu and open the gift icon

6. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Wait, what?

If you remove the SD card while it's copying some files, it's probably going to corrupt it.

7. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    It won't work because anything you download in the eShop will be tied to your 3DS, no amount of pulling and sd card or turning off the system or any of those stuff will make it able to transfer to another 3DS.

8. Immortal_no1

Member Immortal_no1 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    At a guess i would say that i t wouldn't work, due to the encryption that it puts on every file downloaded through the 3DS.

Chances are it used the MAC address for the console as this is a unique address for every machine for the encryption.

Putting it in another 3ds shouldn't corrupt it, it just won't recognise it and so won't do anything with it.
    This is a guess, but i think it should turn out true to real life attempts to try.

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Since we're discussing this in the 3Ds hacking theories thread, there's no real need for another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.