Gaming AM2R 1.4.3 port for Nintendo Switch.

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As OP hasn't clarified, the 'HD music' layeredfs mod does need restructuring, e.g.: /0100414D32524E00/romfs/musAlphaFight.ogg

Also, attached is the modifiers.ini file (zipped as .ini not allowed for attachments), which can be edited to great effect. Likewise, its location: /0100414D32524E00/romfs/modifiers.ini

Hi. I just recently installed AM2R. I just want to confirm, with the new atmosphere directory structure. should I put the music in this directory?
atmosphere\contents\0100414d32524e00\romfs

thank you in advance for the help guys.

Last edited by arabtm,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you still haven't heard, there's a port of Another Metroid 2 Remake 1.4.3 to the Nintendo Switch.
It is distributed as an NSP file, because this port is using GameMaker Studio 2 engine (not the Undertale revision, that means less bugs)

NSP link: *snip*
Link to LayeredFS mod with High Quality music: *snip*

UPD: osaka35 has redacted the links to "*snip*", links will be updated with a new way to get the port.

Russian translation bundled btw.
Share this port to your friends, I wanna make sure everyone knows about it.

Savefiles are compatible with saves from PC version of 1.4.3, use Checkpoint to modify your save folder.

Known Issues:
1. Installing with Tinfoil sometimes doesn't work, please use Goldleaf/Goldbricks (or DBI, if you know this)
2. Playing with a single joycon is not allowed, controller applet won't let you launch the game. (how would you do that anyway)
3. PLEASE INSTALL SIGPATCHES! THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS PORT!

Porting 1.5 update is not possible because developers are against Switch ports, and they tried to sabotage me by exploiting one GM:S 1.4's feature called YYC.
1.5.x appearently went open source. Does this mean we can get 1.5 for switch now??

Lojical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know, but right now I'm busy with the PSVita/PS4 version.
I've not been one to talk to you directly, but seeing as there doesn't seem to be any method of contacting forum mods about license enforcement otherwise, and I know they likely keep an eye on the more dubious AM2R threads...

You are now knowingly violating repository license by porting 1.5.3indev, compared to your slightly less dubious decomp process for 1.4.3. Your Vita port is fine if you've got the GM:S1.4 license, but you've publicly bragged about cracking/pirating the GM:S2 Switch license. I do not want this to lead to problems for either of us. Please cease this action.

Attachments

• 2020-12-26_13-13-39.png
    2020-12-26_13-13-39.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 228

nkrapivindev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've not been one to talk to you directly, but seeing as there doesn't seem to be any method of contacting forum mods about license enforcement otherwise, and I know they likely keep an eye on the more dubious AM2R threads...

You are now knowingly violating repository license by porting 1.5.3indev, compared to your slightly less dubious decomp process for 1.4.3. Your Vita port is fine if you've got the GM:S1.4 license, but you've publicly bragged about cracking/pirating the GM:S2 Switch license. I do not want this to lead to problems for either of us. Please cease this action.

You blocked me everywhere and you expect me to listen to you? That's odd.

ANYWAY:
- Doing stuff for *private* is fine. (I'm still thinking whether I should actually upload the compiled build here, most likely not)
- Do you like sovietwave music? Just asking. Don't Leave - Gummy Boy is very good.
- How's your day been? Mine's fine.
- Want an invite?
lmWBv37.png
(all pictures go under spoilers, like on every forum)

Lojical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You blocked me everywhere and you expect me to listen to you? That's odd.

ANYWAY:
- Doing stuff for *private* is fine. (I'm still thinking whether I should actually upload the compiled build here, most likely not)
- Do you like sovietwave music? Just asking. Don't Leave - Gummy Boy is very good.
- How's your day been? Mine's fine.
- Want an invite?
(all pictures go under spoilers, like on every forum)

No, I don't particularly expect you to listen to me... since you refused to do so 11 months ago before I had any reason to block you for your refusal to respect my team's work. This is mostly for the sake of ensuring beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are directly disregarding the software license - thanks for being so kind as to oblige. @Mods, got any thoughts on that?

Indeed, if it's purely private it's no concern of mine. However, your attention-seeking tendencies ensure that you'll upload it somewhere just for the clout. I know you can't resist it, and your "friend" will egg you on to spite me by proxy. You really think you're still able to look mysterious and clever after 11 months of this nonsense?

As for the rest: I don't answer personal questions on team business :)

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the license violation is that serious, take it to court. I thought Nintendo was bad, lets see how they react to this silly situation. Can this discussion be done privately now, their legal Ninjas definitely view these forums. Wonder if Milton expected his C&D'd project to end up like this.

Last edited by raging_chaos,

nkrapivindev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If the license violation is that serious, take it to court. I thought Nintendo was bad, lets see how they react to this silly situation. Can this discussion be done privately now, their legal Ninjas definitely view these forums. Wonder if Milton expected his C&D'd project to end up like this.

It'll be a conflict of two entirely different jurisdictions, Russian and American. They just can't take this situation to court. (Well, if you try really hard, you can, but it'll cost a lot of money and time). So they prefer to solve this via Moderators instead. :\

Reactions: ShadowOne333

nkrapivindev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they even allowed to do that when its based on YellowAfterlife's source reconstruction? His original license is for personal use. Regardless I still don't see how this is even enforceable in Russia or why it should be discussed so publicly here.

nkrapivindev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
it should be discussed so publicly here.

Lojical blocked me everywhere (even on GitHub) and I guess "Unblock" button didn't exist so they made a GBAtemp account and wrote here instead??? No idea.

I still don't see how this is even enforceable in Russia

Same. But we all know how Russia/China (especially China)/etc ""enforce"" copyright/IP laws. :\

UPD: As far as I know, DMCA only exists in USA and somewhat in the European Union. Russia and China are neither of those.

Last edited by nkrapivindev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.