Gaming Am I the only person who feels they mod their Wii more than they play

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
If I tot up the amount of time spent mod'ing vs actually playing, well theres no contest. I feel this uncontrollable urge to keep tweaking and changing wherever possible, no matter how minor or isgnificant the mod is. I do it just to be able to say 'Hey, I can do that!'

Does anyone else have this affliction, or am I the only crazy person in here?
wacko.gif

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I think so too.
biggrin.gif
Modding is much more interesting than playing Wii games with that awkward motion sensing.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Cheers guys, now i feel a little more normal. The wife is forever grilling me "just play on the damn thing, thats why you bought it isn't it?". The only downside to modding is that when your firends realise you can do it, they all start pestering you to mod theirs as well. Fortunately, as I do enjoy it, I don't mind

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i think that we do actually spend more time hacking our wiis (xcept noobs) i think its because that knowing that we can practically play every game that we want, it takes the anticipation and hype away, the time you will spend working / begging your parents for money, the anger that steam off when the local game shop doesnt have it...you know..it just kills the wait(reduced to downloading time) we get bored easily and dont play games anymore

same when i got my r4, knowing that every game i want to play is just practically there, (when normally i had to have good grades and everything to make my parents buy one freaking game..now i got bad grades and trying to get good ones back)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its because the Wii is a joke of a video game system that hardly has any games worth a 2nd look. So of course modding it is more fun. I play my PS3 and 360 all the time and they are incredible game machines, the wii tho, i just like updating my USB loader on it and CIOS rev's. You guys should check out the Uncharted 2 beta, it is so insanely amazing.

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With that WMP I hope more good games are coming. If not I would really regret having bought a Wii...
Modding my Wii is like an adventure game. I was thrilled by the risk of bricking my Wii rather than the game itself. It's been fun doing these stuffs. I wonder if we can do this the next gen... Imagine all 3 consoles are like PS3 today, with that Blue-ray stuffs, and can't play backups. Well my life would pretty much be ruined. Can't afford that much for a game. Being able to afford a console is a big problem itself...

Heiopeio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think, the wii is a great maschine.. not much powerful but with a lot of fun.

for singleplayer its quite boring, but multiplayer has never been so much fun.

and dont forget the great emulation of older consoles.

back to topic...
i think that modding is much fun, but playing wii is much more fun!

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love modding the thing.
Its pretty much the main reason I keep it plugged in.
I usually use it for emulators or some multiplayer games but aside from that I really don't play it till there's a new game I was waiting for (not often) or a new hack to play with. (much more often)
Not to mention eventually there might be a Linux OS to replace the system menu and other fun insane stuff.
Heck it can already be used as a web server and the like.
Plus homebrew games are always rather enjoyable.

If it isn't broken, open it up and fix it anyway.
It's half the fun of owning something expensive and locked to keep you from using it to its full extent.
It's just begging to be opened up and modified. :3

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto, hacking the Wii is a LOT of fun... but it takes out a lot of novelty from each game. I remember waaay back in the day when I used to get 1 N64 game in a while for getting good grades, or if it was a new big name that I HAD to get... I played those games for hours. Now that you can get any game you want at any time, it kills a lot of that feeling, and the game looses value. That is why I don't like to explot the knowledge of piracy, because it destroys that feeling we all used to get as children begging for a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E