Gaming Am I the only one who didn't like Rhythm Heaven?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I thought it was really good... it's a lot like WarioWare. Did you like that? Because I love rhythm games, and I love WarioWare, so it was pretty much the perfect game for me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the GBA version a lot more to be honest, the DS one touchscreens parts seemed tacked on.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is lame, whats with all these terrible mini games type of games being call "actual games".
Wario ware is also lame.
Stay with the classics like tetris.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing it a lot lately out of some weird compulsion to see what's next. Now that I beat Remix 6 and the new levels appear to just be the first 6 with higher difficulty I think I can make a fair assessment.

I played it, but I don't think I enjoyed it. There were times where I downright hated it and stopped playing it. There's charm here, and a few of the minigames (Blue Birds and Fan Club) are fun, but a lot of them are hindered by the flicking mechanic just not working as well as it should. It sucks to be having a good flow going only to fail because the flick you did doesn't register with the kind of flick the game wants. It's a bit like Guitar Hero on DS: you can play it, but there's no real feedback telling you when you are doing it wrong other than failure.

If I had to choose between this or WarioWare, WW wins every time.

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you make the flick like the girl on the first screen, the game will work very well. i mean, the main reason people didnt like this game it's coz the controls (like the flick) are simple BUT hard to dominate. I think it's a hard game, but more you play more you get better and... you see how good the game is!

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I actually liked it very much. The controls are very challenging to handle at first, but are very much learnable. Nice to find a challenging NDS game for a change.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh. I played a few minuted but I don't feel the urge to play that much more. I think calling the games bad is bullshit. But I'm just not that into it. Maybe after I beat Echoes of Time I'll be more interested.

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Obviously people who are more musically inclined will do better at this game. So if you have no sense of Rhythm, stay away from it!

The control are okay although I do have trouble with the farming part. Argh!

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
The game is awesome!! Fun and addicting. I just can't get enough of it.
Kids these days just wanna grab a gun and shoot someone in the head *cough*gtaisoverrated*cough*

EDIT: It's better than sex.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I didn't like it either, found the whole thing to be a drag. I don't like the rating system, it seems to jump from Perfect to Just OK very quickly, so even though you might think you're doing quite well, the game will come back and insult you, which isn't really conducive to further play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-