Am I that OUTDATED? (RxTools)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by KytuzuEX, Nov 6, 2016.

1. KytuzuEX
    OP

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    Ha... I'm interested in "installing" Luma3DS or either the High-risk A9HL.

But I am very insecure and skeptical about this... I mean, I installed RxTools as the main CFW for my Old 3DS you know the good old dangerous SysNAND and the EmuNAND.

The day before yesterday, I updated my 3DS from 10.7 to 11.2 and surprisingly, nothing has changed besides Homebrew CIA.

The main point is... To install Luma or A9HL, I have to start from scratch? Is it better than RxTools? Is it complicated? Is it going to affect the RxTools boot or anything else?

Note: Just to let you know, my menuhax was installed via Browser... I hope that the browser method works like back then in 9.9

2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Well I hear A9HL is much better than RxTools. There might be a guide on here how to switch CFW, i'll find it and link it.

3. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I had exactly same setup on my 3ds, but I've upgraded to A9LH. I have to admit, its much better. Give a try to it, it's not really that hard and risky.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
  5. Elveman

Elveman B9S Shitpost Race Smogonite

GBAtemp Patron
    Elveman is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    Well, you can't play the updated Animal Crossing anymore, and there's a possibility that you won't be able to play Sun/Moon and Mario Maker as well with rxTools.

No. Judging by this:
    you have a pretty solid base (9.2 and *hax) that allows you to skip large portions of the guide. And you'll save your progress, games etc.
    Speaking of guides, https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ is pretty simple to follow, has the troubleshooting section for each and every part of the guide and can be done in an hour or so.
    Yeah, pretty much in everything. Remember the long booting sequence? Well, it'll boot 4x times faster or so. You won't need to fill your card with EmuNAND - everything will be in your sysNAND. And if this seems "dangerous", don't worry: your system is going to have a brick protection. No need to install patched system titles and DSiWare/GBA VC games twice - everything is auto-patched, and DSiWare and GBA VC titles need to be installed just once. And it goes on and on.
    Yes, it's going to. rxTools won't boot anymore. And that's great because rxTools is old, outdated, no longer supported and has a chance to stop working with every system update. Luma3DS, on the other hand, has the biggest community and is made for everyone - it is noob-proof.

KytuzuEX, Victorum and gnmmarechal like this.
  6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Since i havent seen it brought up yet, A9LH is not a cfw, it is simply a way of booting into one. Considering rxtools has little to no support for a9lh, you're most likely going to use luma and a9lh at the same time. Also, do you have an old 3ds or new 3ds? It is much easier to install a9lh on new 3ds.

Last edited by Giodude, Nov 6, 2016
  7. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    Old 3DS

8. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    A9hl is better than RxTools ... A9hl is a boot loader like classical entry ( menuhax and others ).

If you don't want to deal with another downgrade and take risk you can just install Luma, it works great and you will be able to update your animal crossing :rofl2:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

For every RXTools users, if you have CTRBootManager
    You want, you can easily test Luma3DS
    You only need to download Luma3DS

And add this entry :
    This works great for me and you can keep your RxTools alive and in futur if RxTools is not working anymore you will be able to switch really fast. You just need to edit your boot.cfg and put"Luma3DS.dat" at the root of your SDCARD

You can also use Decrypt9WIP by adding :

This will allowed you to use Decrypt9 that is an usefull tool for nand / emunand backup / restore and dump your cart.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  9. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Yes. You're extremely outdated. I recommend you follow Plailect's guide to install A9LH + Luma3DS. If you don't want to do so, you can still use Luma3DS with MenuHax instead. But, A9LH is the best option.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  10. 5h4l3

5h4l3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Edit: Well, I fucked up. And sorry for that.

Last edited by 5h4l3, Nov 6, 2016
  11. Elveman

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    What? He is the OP and simply answered the question (if he has an Old 3DS or New 3DS)

KytuzuEX and gnmmarechal like this.
  12. KytuzuEX
    OP

Apr 21, 2014
    Thanks for all your answers! (I will consider A9HL)

I used the Luma3DS thread from @VinLark since I use Menuhax, I got the boot.3dsx and put it on my SD Card.
    Now, it brought me this Luma 6.5 configuration menu and I don't know what to press xD

13. Elveman

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    For now, only use Show NAND or user string in System Settings.

KytuzuEX likes this.