Hacking Am I retarded... New r4i for 3ds [BootROM.cpp: Not Support commerical NDSROM file]

fatpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

After my wife fried our old dsi with an acekard I decided to get a flashcart cart my 3ds 5.1.0-11. I picked up a R4i 3ds rts. I bought from modchipcentral so I'm fairly sure its not a clone. I put dropped the files from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp on a freshly formated sd, opened up, updated firmware, opened moonshell, alright cool everything working then when I open a game I get this biz

NfmUOMh.jpg

There is no log txt anywhere in the sd card after I get this error, its like this on every game.

Now I aint too familiar with R4is and how to set it up but I've checked a bucnh of guides, I saw there where other loaders out there, Wood and other ver of moonshell, but the version on this website gets me to the point I can at least try to load the game. Wood wouldn't should up selectable and when I tried to load another ver of moonshell it gives me an error with conflicting directories. With that I just tried just that moonshell on an empty sd and would only get that "? Menu" screen when it boots from the DSi card so I know that files on that website I pulled is needed. wtf am I doing

I also noticed games need to be DLDI patched but according to this card specs, games get a DLDI auto-patch, so I didnt bother with that, I guess I'm out of options and will check that route but I'm doubtful

I've never had problems with modding until this goddamn thing, I have a feeling Im missing something very obvious, please help me out

fatpan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False alarm sorry, I used this tool I just found called google. just realized moonshell is not made to load roms. My files structure for my nds files had another subfolder so I was only able to see the nds files when I used moonshel so I just assumed it was a loader. I put all the games in the /games folder without any subfolders and I was able to view the nds files and load them properly.

So just one question left, the fuck is moonshell for?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
False alarm sorry, I used this tool I just found called google. just realized moonshell is not made to load roms. My files structure for my nds files had another subfolder so I was only able to see the nds files when I used moonshel so I just assumed it was a loader. I put all the games in the /games folder without any subfolders and I was able to view the nds files and load them properly.

So just one question left, the fuck is moonshell for?

Google has the answer :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell

Reactions: Slamicite

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Videos and music and images and such. A lot of older flash carts would replace Moonshell's loaders with their own so that they only had to program the AP/loading stuff and could just use Moonshell's GUI (which is often considered nicer than the default interface of many flash carts), but most projects shy away from that now.

Reactions: stephysanrio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.