This is the best flash card ever.
yaynds.gif

No sticking out MicroSD (not even

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The differences between Taiwan and Japan cards is somewhat overblown.

It really depends on the individual card. You're just more likely to get better performance out of a Japan one.

For example, here are results I had from the 2GB Kingston Taiwan I have (all things equal except the card):

cf_bench = 0.662ms RAT

For the 2GB Kingston Japan I tested:

cf_bench = 0.646ms RAT

Both are well within tolerances for problem games.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
1. There's little wrong with the Taiwan cards. They're just very slightly smaller and have bad rep.
2. There's likely to be some slowdown, but you won't notics unless you do a side by side comparison with an original. SD cards just aren't fast enough

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Had no problems with my CycloDS so far, other than the MicroSD sticking out 1mm
dry.gif

Bought a 2gig Sandisk MicroSD from amazon for 7€ (never thought they were that cheap
blink.gif
and it's not a fake, either) and had no lag even during FMVs...Haven't tried any Castlevania game, though, since I have the original cartridges of both...

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it all depends on the card, I have seen some cards made in Taiwan that handled better than most Japanese made cards. Though Japanese made cards tend to have decent build/performance quality all around while its more of a gamble with cards made in Taiwan.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that there are 2 different Taiwanese Kingston 2GB Micro SDs on newegg.com

One is this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134597
It's the one I bought, the one that didn't slow down PoR like I feared. The model number is: SDC/2GBKR

It costs a few cents more than the other 2GB Taiwanese Kingston:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134478
This one costs a few cents less, but it's more popular, a 3 time winner, but this is probably the one that might cause slow downs and crap (Don't hold me to this statement). It's model number is: SDC/2GB

Notice the KR at the end of the model number. What exactly does this mean? I have no clue. I assumed it stood for Korea but that makes no sense since it says Made in Taiwan. But whatever the reason, the one with KR at the end is the better one, so buy it if you're shopping at newegg.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no guaranteed way to get Japan cards on NewEgg. I've bought a couple...once it was a Japan one and once it was a Taiwan one.

Just buy at places that label them as Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1