Am I bricked?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gacha, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Gacha
    OP

Gacha Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    So I'm new to all this CFW/hacking stuff and it's safe to say that I have no idea what I'm doing. I was following 3ds.guide until for some reason SafeHax wouldn't launch. So I decided to redownload the files and follow this youtube guide: . I did it before with one of my other 3DS's so I didn't think it was that big of a difference to switch and redownload the files. Only problem, it wouldn't boot into GodMode9. So I decided that I must've done something wrong and would just delete all the Homebrew files and start again from scratch. I deleted all folders/hacks and only kept DCIM and Nintento 3ds. Now my 3ds won't boot- it has a black screen and the blue light turns on before shutting off. Is there a way to fix this or am I bricked?

2. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty GBATemp's Autismo

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    never watch a video guide...

3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    This means that your console has B9S, but there is no FIRM on the SD card (or CTRNAND) for it to boot from.

Put the boot.firm from the latest Luma release on your SD card and pick up with 3ds.guide from here and you should be fine.

Last edited by squall14716, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Gacha
    OP

Gacha Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    You live and you learn, right? :'D

NutymcNuty likes this.
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    If your 3ds stayed on with the black screen, and didn't turn off, then you'd be bricked. You're not bricked.

6. Gacha
    OP

Gacha Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    Thank you! Should I also reinstall the items I deleted? Mainly the ones listed in this part of the guide. I have the 'Nintendo 3ds' folder but the '3ds' folder and the 'boot9strap' folder were deleted while I was panicking.

7. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Luma3DS and the homebrew starter kit are the only ones that are useful to you now, the rest are just to get B9S installed in the first place.

8. Gacha
    OP

Gacha Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    The 3DS is working again! Unfortunately there's no FBI/Luma/Homebrew icons on the homepage, though. Should I try to redownload soundhax and play "<3 Nedwill 2016" to launch homebrew? Or is there something else I should do?

9. squall14716

May 16, 2011
    United States
  10. Gacha
    OP

Gacha Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    Oh jeebus am I dumb. Thanks again for being so patient!